3rd consecutive miscarriage - UK based - graphic info warning

Lottie_cat

Reaction score
So I am half way through my third miscarriage since June. I have had a previous health pregnancy with dd born in 2015.
I had what I would call chemicals at 6 weeks and 5 weeks. Tests didn’t get any darker and no symptoms. With this latest one I hadn’t had a period since my miscarriage in August. Last week at the scan I was expecting to be nearly 9 weeks. There was a gestational sac and foetal pole but no heartbeat. The sonographer told me my dates were out but I had only had sex once so I was sure. I started with minor brown discharge that day and then light bleeding until yesterday when I felt a huge gush and thought I was going to bleed to death. I was at home with my daughter and called an ambulance. I was lucky my mum was able to get here quickly and take my daughter. At the hospital I sat on a comode and passed something the size of a grapefruit. They took it away to test. I’m still bleeding and passed some more sizeable tissue today.

My question is what next? I’m nearly 38 and interested in hearing what other women in similar situations have been tested for? I’m assuming these losses are down to chromosomal abnormalities but could it be something else?

My greatest heartache is the thought of not being able to give my beautiful little girl a brother or sister :(

First of all so sorry for your loss, the emotional roller-coaster is not something I would wish on anyone.

I am from the UK but living in Italy at the moment and currently on my 2nd loss in a row. In the UK they don't normally test until you have had 3 miscarriages, and they should also be able to refer you to a centre specializing in recurrent loss.

I'm 37 and TTC baby # 1 and because of my age the gynecologist suggested some tests here anyway, as we have to pay anyway (how I miss the NHS!). However, she told me she thinks it's just bad luck. She only recommended 2 tests - thrombophilia a group of conditions that cause clots to be formed at the placenta causing recurrent pregnancy loss (which came back negative) and genetic testing to see if we are carriers for any genetic conditions (waiting for the results still). I think there are lots of other things you can be tested though. I would be interested to know too what other tests there are.

She also recommended a supplement called Inofolic plus, I don't know if you have it in the UK, it is supposed to help regulate ovulation and improve egg quality so I am hoping that it may help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->