3rd ivf - finding it very lonely

Isimomo

Reaction score
We are on our third Ivf cycle, 1st was ectopic, 2nd was cancelled due to cyst. Our 3 rd try was going well and they thawed 4 eggs to transfer 2 and hopefully take the other 2 to blasto. None of them survived :cry::cry: ok I dealt with that and my last remaining blasto was then transferred a few days later :thumbup:

I just feel I'm struggling a bit emotionally, my dh is amazing but my friends not so much. I have made a huge effort not to bore or go on and on. So maybe I've made my own bed? But the good friends I would expect to help me don't seem to be there? And I'm surprised because others have been amazing?

Maybe it's my hormones causing havock but I very very lonely during this cycle, anyone ever felt the same?
Oh I'm also in my ttw.. Which is always differcult.

I'm usually such a happy go lucky person 😩

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I remember it all too well. Second guessing whether it's the hormones or if indeed there's a reason to be questioning loyalty. As if the whole process isn't hard enough.... :cry:

At the time it was incredibly hard to cope with, but a couple of years down the road I actually see it as a blessing in disguise. Those who acted indifferent during IVF were just as bad during subsequent pregnancy. In the end I had to walk away from several people I thought were dear friends because those relationships had clearly changed. It's not worth the effort if the effort is one sided. In the future you'll feel lighter being free of those you feel you can't share your honest joy and struggles with. Maybe not now, but eventually you'll find peace with it. I promise.

Sorry you are feeling so down. I 100% understand what you mean. I feel like it's all I talk about, think about, everything about so I make conscious efforts not to talk too much about it around friends, but that IS very isolating. Which is why you have us!!

If you haven't experienced the frustrating and struggles of infertility you just simply don't understand! We understand! Talk,vent, worry, symptom spot away we're in the same boat!

hugs and hope you gets back to positivity soon

Hi, dear! I completely understand the messages I've seen about the 2WW - it's so long!!
Feels like a rollercoaster. This time we went with Ukrainian clinic. had ET on Friday with day5 2 nice embies. All seemed to go well. I remember that evening after the procedure I'd fallen asleep. I was in a lot of pain, bloating, ect. So searched medical advice and turned out my body didn't like the cyclogest. So just got to rest and took pain killers.
Things seemed to be moving faster the next day. I also faced more like period pain which I'd read seemed to happen. Just had no idea what was right and wrong.
But my gosh the wait until you get that test result is tedious! :dohh:
I absolutely understand why you're feeling like that. But it's absolutely normal and happens too early. Soon you'll definitely feel better!
Have my fingers crossed for your positive. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->