3rd medicated IUI

kjs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for some insight or advice. I just finished my 3rd round of clomid (150mg this time) and am doing the trigger shot and prometrium suppositories after the IUI procedure. I'm really feeling a roller coaster of emotions this cycle. In the beginning I was feeling excited and like this is really going to be our month. Much more positive than any other cycle as of late (TTC 28 months). But today I feel like an idiot for even thinking positive thoughts knowing the odds are against us. I called out sick today because I just don't want to pretend to be fine around other people. My mood and outlook have totally shifted without any prompting at all. I know that being positive as well as exercising is good for blood flow and releasing endorphins. My question is how to find the motivation to do these things when feeling like it is all pointless. :cry:

Any success stories or perspectives that could help me move past my funk? Thanks in advance.

Hi Kjs1, I know how difficult it is to remain motivated when you're on this roller coaster and you don't know when you'll arrive at the end but it's important to remember that this won't go on forever - it only feels that way! I don't know if you are someone who suffers from PMT during your normal cycle? Maybe a strange question but if you're anything like me on those last couple of days of my cycle I can become stressed and anxious and very dis-heartened. At the moment you've been stressed anyway trying to conceive and on top of that you're taking additional hormones to grow your follicles and then to hopefully help your little bean stick - I am not at all surprised that you are finding this whole process challenging. I've everything crossed that this one works out for you but either way I can't help but feel that once your body gets back to normal you will find the time to re-evaluate your journey and take advice on the next stage for you. Very good luck, baby dust and best wishes from me.

Thanks so much for the encouragement Rags. I really appreciate it. I do suffer from PMS pretty badly starting sometimes more than a week before my period. Years ago, I took birth control to help but obviously can't now so it is challenging. On Friday I had my monitoring appointment and was told 2-3 follicles were developing, which made me think those would ovulate. But this morning 2 faded away and only 1 is dominating ready to ovulate. I am disappointed the clomid didn't help me create more that would ovulate. We will do the IUI tomorrow or the next day based on my blood work but I just feel like we are in the same boat as the last two times. I am feeling super hopeless about it all and just want to give up trying really.

Kjs1, you only need one egg to get a baby so please don't be disheartened that the other two haven't continued to grow. I had my DS from my 3rd IUI. I left that appointment worried that a bean would never stick and as I left I mentioned to the nurse who inseminated me that I was going to a wedding in a couple of days and that I'd make sure I took it easy. Her advice to me was to go to the wedding, relax, dance and have a drink, as I would if I wasn't trying to get pregnant because the relaxing and not worrying bit was really important to conceiving too.

Thanks Rags! That is super encouraging to me that your 3rd IUI worked and you were also feeling similar to me (disheartened at the appointment). Makes me not feel as guilty about not being positive all the time. I did my trigger shot this morning and am feeling a bit more positive today. I have a few fun things planned for this weekend so that will hopefully be a good distraction and help me relax.

I'll keep everything crossed for you and will look forward to hearing how things go. Distractions are good over the next couple of weeks, fill as much of your time as you can because if you're anything like me you'll drive yourself mad symptom spotting and worrying about what's going on! Lots of luck and a huge amount of baby dust from me to you.

Thanks Rags! We did our 3rd IUI this morning and everything went perfectly. My husband's post wash count was way higher this time at 64 million when the two times before it was 22 mil and 7 mil. So this is encouraging. I'm working from home today to take it easy but had very little cramping, which is also different than the two times before. I definitely need to fill my time because the tww is horrendous after IUI! I, too, symptom spot like crazy. I'll be using progesterone suppositories so any symptoms could be due to that.

Thanks again for the encouragement and best wishes!

Best wishes and I'll keep checking in to see how you're doing. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->