• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

4:30am test, but I don't think I'm imagining this!

MindUtopia

Reaction score
Even though I knew it, I still can't believe my eyes. This is our second month trying for our second (we have a four year old daughter) and unlike the past two months when I felt pretty rubbish in the tww (first of those months we weren't really trying but I had come off the pill), I've actually felt pretty good. I felt horrible pretty early with my daughter so though the timing and my temps looked perfect, I just wasn't getting my hopes up. I was lucky to have had an easy time getting a BFP with my daughter also second month, but I was 31 at the time (36 now). So I just felt a bit down when it didn't happen last month because I thought surely it's going to be harder now that I'm older. I also have a crazy work schedule and work 3 hours away several days a week so I commute really early and get home late and don't get enough sleep some weeks. Because it didn't happen last month I really tried to temper my enthusiasm this month (a bit silly I know). But especially since I felt fine. On Wednesday (9 dpo) I was on my way home from work and felt some weird cramping. I did think, oh, what's that? The next day at 10 dpo my temp dropped and I felt a bit sad. I know some ladies get implantation dips but with my daughter my temps just went up and up. But yesterday it went back up even higher. Last night I started to feel weird as I was making dinner. My boobs were getting what felt like more sore and in the middle of dinner I thought I felt a bit nauseous and then just sort of didn't want anymore. With my daughter I went off a lot of food and just had no appetite. As the night wore on I just didn't feel right, hot, bit nauseous, just off. I told myself if I woke up this morning and my temps stayed high and I still felt weird I would take a test. Well I woke up - somewhat inconveniently - at 4:30am. I tried to go back to sleep but I really did have to go. I figured if I was going I should probably do the test now as it's likely to be better urine than if I go again in 2 hours. Fortunately my husband is away this weekend or else he would be wondering why I was in the bathroom acting like a crazy person at 4:30am! My temps stayed high this morning and I just feel pregnant, so I tried to convince myself I wasn't too crazy! I did an opk first (just because I have plenty and they're cheap) and a Superdrug test. I sat and watched them and nothing. I know it's still perhaps early. With my daughter I'm pretty certain implantation happened at 6 dpo, I started to feel weird like this in the evening of 8 dpo, and got strong positives on 10 dpo. So if implantation happened when I think (9 dpo), yesterday I started to get symptoms, then tomorrow (13 dpo) is really when I would expect to get those good strong positives, knowing my body. Nothing on the opk or Superdrug but I feel too weird for this to be nothing, so I decided to break out the FRER. A line started to appear within the first minute and I actually had to make myself walk away and leave it for a few minutes because I couldn't just stand there staring at it! I gave it a few more minutes and came back to this. Still nothing on the Superdrug test (it's 20 miu) but I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining what see on the FRER, even if it was 4:30am in bad lighting! I tried to take a few pics, which aren't great, but it's really there, right? I can't quite believe it. I had braced myself that it wouldn't be easy this time since I am 36, we don't get much time to ourselves anymore (if you know what I mean!) and I work ridiculously long hours and am already so tired. But it's there! I'm in shock and so happy at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 93
Actually I just had another look at the Superdrug test under better lighting and there is a line on that on too. It's wonky and fades a bit, but definitely something. Sorry for the horrible photo quality!

Attachments

• IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 89
Btw I remember you from the ttc forums when you got pregnant with your daughter, who's now 4! Time flies! Anyway it took me a while but had my beautiful daughter in 2015 and now here I am again 6 weeks shy on my 2nd!
Once again congratulations!

Thank you! Here is the progression. First two at the top are the tests above from 11 dpo. One in the middle is 12 dpo. And the bottom is today at 14 dpo. Also took a CB digital which was of course positive 1-2. It's starting to sink in now especially as I've been feeling quite sick the past few mornings!

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 49
Congratulations! Great progression

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member