4.5 month old napping too much?

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Up until a couple of weeks ago we were having problems getting Aisling to take any naps unless she was cuddled to sleep and even then she'd only have about 2 naps a day for about 30 minutes. She'd get overtired and grouchy so she obviously needed more.

I've now managed to get her to nap in her cot for about 45 minutes in the morning, 1.5 - 2 hours at lunchtime and usually about 30 minutes in the afternoon. Since doing this, she's also sleeping longer at night, about 11 hours. This is all great and I'm glad I've managed it but in some ways she seems to be even more tired now! Sometimes she'll yawn and rub her eyes just 30 minutes after her nap?!

Just wondering if it's possible for a baby too get too much sleep and if it'd make her even more tired? I'm always worrying about something!! :dohh:

I don't think it's too much. :hugs: Honestly she wouldn't be sleeping like that unless she needed it and she's sleeping through the night so I wouldn't think she's napping to much throughout the day

Thanks Vickie :hugs: I'm assuming I shouldn't put her back down for a nap when she's rubbing her eyes just 30 minutes after getting up... It's all a bit confusing with these babies :lol:

for me it would depend on what time in the day it was (whether it'd interfere with her night sleeping) and how long she'd napped for previously :lol:

And yep confusing creatures these babies :D

She'd gone down for 45 minutes, woke for about 10 minutes and self settled so slept for another 45 minutes - 5 minutes after she woke the second time she was yawning and rubbing her eyes again! :shock: Maybe she's just a lazy little girl! :D

might just be one of those days? There were times at that age where Hannah seemed to sleep the day away. It doesn't last though :lol:

Caine will have cat naps - about 3 or 4 a day and then every so often - like today and yesterday, have long 3 hour naps for a catch up :D

Ruby's naps are usually 2 x 1.5 hours and 1 x 45 minutes.
If she woke up after 45 mins of her morning or lunchtime nap, I would settle her back to sleep...

Ruby's naps are usually 2 x 1.5 hours and 1 x 45 minutes.
If she woke up after 45 mins of her morning or lunchtime nap, I would settle her back to sleep...

What time are Ruby's naps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->