• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

4/5 palpable - almost 34 weeks!

Penny83

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
I had my midwife appointment today (I'm 33+5 today), and baby is still head down which is good news, and she said he's now slipped into my pelvis and is 4/5 palpable, which means 1/5 of his head is in my pelvis already. She said it is early, but first babies tend to start engaging early, so completely normal. It also explains why I've had a very uncomfortable week, and started the pregnancy waddle!

I asked if this means he is likely to come early, because although my due date is May 5th, I've been thinking after the week I've had that he is going to be an April baby! She says not necessarily. I just wondered if anyone else had any experience of them starting to engage at this stage, and if that meant they arrived early for you or not?

I started to waddle around 32 weeks also and now im 38 weeks so i dont think it has anything to do with them coming early.

My boy was 4/5 at 32 weeks and still is now and I'm overdue, it just means baby is skirting your pelvis, so it doesn't really mean much I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"