4/5 weeks no gestational sac. Now brown pinkish blood spotting at 6 wks

lubuto

Reaction score
Hi. Missed my period on 21 May 2011. Got positive pregnancy home tests done,probably about five. on 22nd went to a local clinic and HCG test came back positive. Went to another clinic for second opinion on 26th May and positive test returned. Then decided same day to go see an OB and have some blood work done since i had a miscarriage i August 2010. Checked blood and urine, all fine, did a third clinical pregnancy test which came back positive. Doctor said i should have an ultrasound to see whats happening and health position of my organs. All of them came back good. Had very few pregnancy symptoms, like mild tugging sensations and pulling in the belly, a bit of backache and tender sore breasts on the sides. However there was no gestational sac noted and this was 4 weeks gestational date. He said perhaps its too early because the scan seemed to show signs of a residual reaction.

symptoms have practically been on and off since, mainly disappeared that i can go to bed with a bit of fatigue and sore breasts but i wake up feeling "not pregnant" and i tested yesterday again at home just to be certain, test came back positive.

Today woke up feeling not pregnant and decided to go get a second opinion. Did a trans-abdominal ultrasound and it came back with no sac seen, no sign of residual reaction and its 5 weeks and 3 days now.

last night i had terrible but not constant cramps, no bleeding since. I feel like the second ultrasound has run away with any hope i could have had.

has anyone gone through this?

you wouldnt see anything til around 5 weeks, and then you would usually need an internal scan, at 5+3 nothing could be seen with me on a tummy scan, but an internal showed up a sac. So, all normal hun xxx

I hope everything works out! :hugs: Best of luck!

I agree with Loraloo the fact they did an abdominal is absolutely insane. They didn't do one until ten weeks with me and I had to drink tons of water for them to see baby. Either that or a catheter- I drank the water Lol. At 5wk5 days all they saw on me was a sac and that was done transvaginally and it was soo tiny it took awhile. Please don't worry- if you are worried you can go to er and say you have cramps. That's what I did when I was 6 weeks with pain. They want to rule out ectopic so they'll always to the other type of ultrasound

you wouldnt see anything til around 5 weeks, and then you would usually need an internal scan, at 5+3 nothing could be seen with me on a tummy scan, but an internal showed up a sac. So, all normal hun xxx

Thanks Hun. I just hope and pray because my DH is over the moon.... before i put my own feelings into account. few family members know and they are excited. Dont know how to share news of the scan today or whether to hold it to myself till after some weeks when i know for sure what is happening. I am sorry about your little angel. and Congratulations baby dust all the way for u

I agree with Loraloo the fact they did an abdominal is absolutely insane. They didn't do one until ten weeks with me and I had to drink tons of water for them to see baby. Either that or a catheter- I drank the water Lol. At 5wk5 days all they saw on me was a sac and that was done transvaginally and it was soo tiny it took awhile. Please don't worry- if you are worried you can go to er and say you have cramps. That's what I did when I was 6 weeks with pain. They want to rule out ectopic so they'll always to the other type of ultrasound

This is reassuring thanks dear. I have been in tears since because the practitioner said with all the spread out tests, its doubtful that it was all false positives but could be a case of a blighted ovum. That's got me in tears. thanks for helping me wipe away one tear.
:hugs::hugs:

Good luck and best wishes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's too early to see x

Lubuto, I am with you doll..I got my first scan yesterday at what I thought was 6+ weeks and no baby or fetal pole..just a sac. They told me to come back in 2 weeks ..they refused to give me any HCG testing until that scan! I ovulated late in my pg cycle so they say I am really only about 4wks and 3 days..I cannot stop crying and like you, all I have is fatigue and sore bbs..I wake up not feeling preg..SLeep is going to be my only escape from this news for the next 13 days..HUGS AND hopes for you sweetie..You are NOT alone! Love, Jodi:hugs:

Lubuto, I am with you doll..I got my first scan yesterday at what I thought was 6= weeks and no baby or fetal pole..just a sac. They told me to come back in 2 weeks ..they refused to give me any HCG testing until that scan! I ovulated late in my pg cycle so they say I am really only about 4wks and 3 days..I cannot stop crying and like you, all I have is fatigue and sore bbs..I wake up not feeling preg..SLeep is going to be my only escape from this news for the next 13 days..HUGS AND hopes for you sweetie..You are NOT alone! Love, Jodi:hugs:

Hey Hun,

Thanks for your reassurance. I can say at least you have a sac to start with so the chance is rather high. I just pray that everything is going well and that its just early. Ive cried my eyes out this afternoon and its so reassurance what the ladies have posted on this thread. Its given me confidence and am grateful to all these ladies. sticky baby dust all the way for us all. Good luck as well

LUBUTO NO SAC? I am puzzled..I must have read it too fast..Well I am hoping and praying for you sweetie..Hugs,,We can help eachother through this!:hugs:

LUBUTO NO SAC? I am puzzled..I must have read it too fast..Well I am hoping and praying for you sweetie..Hugs,,We can help eachother through this!:hugs:

NO SAC. Just tried an online calculator which says if i missed my period on 21st May, my last Normal period having been 23rd April, then am 5 weeks 5 days along.... Thanks for your support :hugs:

NO SAC. Just tried an online calculator which says if i missed my period on 21st May, my last Normal period having been 23rd April, then am 5 weeks 5 days along.... Thanks for your support :hugs:

By the way my symptoms have been worrying. less runs to the bathrooms although not the normal times. my breasts seem to be sore mostly at night and i wake up feeling normal even when i press them hard. Still bloating as much and some leg cramping. mildly visible veins but at-most i feel very normal. when i miscarried last year in August, i was 7 weeks and could have been due to fact that i took a late emergency pill not knowing i had already conceived. However only symptom at the time was missed period and later tender but not sore breasts at 6 weeks... nothing else so am hoping that luck still on my side. very little appetite as well but could be due to anxiety. Had irritable moods but things seem to have settled

Hi. Missed my period on 21 May 2011. Got positive pregnancy home tests done,probably about five. on 22nd went to a local clinic and HCG test came back positive. Went to another clinic for second opinion on 26th May and positive test returned. Then decided same day to go see an OB and have some blood work done since i had a miscarriage i August 2010. Checked blood and urine, all fine, did a third clinical pregnancy test which came back positive. Doctor said i should have an ultrasound to see whats happening and health position of my organs. All of them came back good. Had very few pregnancy symptoms, like mild tugging sensations and pulling in the belly, a bit of backache and tender sore breasts on the sides. However there was no gestational sac noted and this was 4 weeks gestational date. He said perhaps its too early because the scan seemed to show signs of a residual reaction.

symptoms have practically been on and off since, mainly disappeared that i can go to bed with a bit of fatigue and sore breasts but i wake up feeling "not pregnant" and i tested yesterday again at home just to be certain, test came back positive.

Today woke up feeling not pregnant and decided to go get a second opinion. Did a trans-abdominal ultrasound and it came back with no sac seen, no sign of residual reaction and its 5 weeks and 3 days now.

last night i had terrible but not constant cramps, no bleeding since. I feel like the second ultrasound has run away with any hope i could have had.

has anyone gone through this?

Got a tilted (retroverted) uterus

wow lubuto...HUgs to you! I AM HOPING THIS ALL TURNS OUT OKAY..When is your next scan sweetie?? I never heard of that uterine condition..Will google it.. :hugs:

thanks swan..when did you ovulate? trying to pin point my actual gest age..thanks!:shrug:

wow lubuto...HUgs to you! I AM HOPING THIS ALL TURNS OUT OKAY..When is your next scan sweetie?? I never heard of that uterine condition..Will google it.. :hugs:

Thanks Hun. Next scan is 23rd June. Yes my uterus is extroverted but Doc says that is fine as it changes to forward position as pregnancy progresses so it shouldn't worry me. I just wonder if the sac is not seen because the uterus is tilted or that its just to early to see anything via trans abdominal scan

Yes lub, I heard and read if the uterus is titled it can make it hard to see the sac at an early stage..Oh I sooo hope this is the case..fxd for you for the 23rd,,i GO THE 15TH!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->