4/5th's engaged - how much longer??

Pixie

Reaction score
Just checked my notes and at my last midwife appointment on Weds baby's head was 4/5ths engaged - yippee!!! Do you know how much longer it takes for babies head to engage further or how much longer till labour can start or is it just a waiting game?? I have been bouncing on my birthing ball to encourage him to move further down so fingers crossed!! xxx

:hugs: i couldnt say for sure it takes as long as it takes for mother nature to work her magic and you LO to decide to make an appearance!

Hope fully it wont be too long for you now tho!

xxx

Sorry I can't answer your question either, I think its the waiting game, hope its not too much longer for you, take care :hugs: XX

No rule of thumb hun, baby will properly engage when he feels like it xx

I was 4/5 beginning of March and im 3 days overdue now and baby still not engaged so it really could be anytime !

i was 4/5 two weeks ago and now im 3/5!!! im due this week... hoping LO will hurry up tho!! xx fingers crossed for you and your LO comes soon x

It's just a waiting game i'm afraid, but at least bub starting to engage is putting pressure on your cervix and helping it dilate and efface.

How long's a piece of string?? I was 2/5ths at 37+4 and fully engaged at 39+4 weeks and still here at 40 +3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->