4+6 bleeding after sex - distraught.

Mummypea

Reaction score
I had a m/c last month at 5 weeks exactly, started after sex with big O with pink cm, spotting and then red bleeding. I am 5 weeks tomorrow, just had sex & big O and went to the loo after and had loads of fresh red blood on the loo paper, wipe after wipe. Inserted a finger to see how far up the blood was coming from as I'm hoping I just got scratched from a fingernail (sorry if TMI) and what I thought was a tiny tiny blood clot came out on my finger but on closer inspection was actually a tiny piece of tissue. I am in absolute pieces, surely this can't be happening again. I'm already on edge with anxiety and this has just about tipped me over the edge. 😢 Xx

I had a m/c last month at 5 weeks exactly, started after sex with big O with pink cm, spotting and then red bleeding. I am 5 weeks tomorrow, just had sex & big O and went to the loo after and had loads of fresh red blood on the loo paper, wipe after wipe. Inserted a finger to see how far up the blood was coming from as I'm hoping I just got scratched from a fingernail (sorry if TMI) and what I thought was a tiny tiny blood clot came out on my finger but on closer inspection was actually a tiny piece of tissue. I am in absolute pieces, surely this can't be happening again. I'm already on edge with anxiety and this has just about tipped me over the edge. 😢 Xx

Anyone???

The bleeding has slowed right down next to nothing but every now and then there's still a small amount of bright red, and I don't know if I'd call them blood clots or just bloody cervical mucus? I'm going out of my mind xx

Anyone???

The bleeding has slowed right down next to nothing but every now and then there's still a small amount of bright red, and I don't know if I'd call them blood clots or just bloody cervical mucus? I'm going out of my mind xx

Hey lady, sorry you're going through this! I know many women bleed after sex because the cervix is full of blood and sometimes DTD irritates it. So don't count yourself out yet! Have you called your doctor?

Hey lady, sorry you're going through this! I know many women bleed after sex because the cervix is full of blood and sometimes DTD irritates it. So don't count yourself out yet! Have you called your doctor?

Thank you so much for replying I'm going out my mind. My GP isn't answering and I just phoned EPU and they said I can't self refer, see my GP or out of hours dr, and if they think I need to be seen will refer me. Debating whether to ring NHS 111 though as I have my children here and they usually ask so many questions on the phone I don't want my kids to overhear. Bleeding has practically stopped now. But I do have right sided ovary pain and stabbing cervical pains on and off but I get that in pregnancy sometimes. Not cramping though but do feel achy but my stomach is in knots with worry. When I started bleeding bright red with my m/c it didn't stop. So so worried. 😢 Xx

Just managed to get through to my practice! Maybe they were on lunch. But I've asked my doctor to give me a call back. They said she's the duty on call dr today so very busy and unsure when she will be able to ring back. But atleast I can speak to her at some point and explain what's happened and fingers crossed she will get me booked in ASAP. X

I hope that they will call back soon and you can get booked in :hugs:

Still getting a strong positive, my m/c at 5 weeks my test was very faint. I hate all this watching and waiting, I was an anxious mess anyway but after the red blood I'm a complete and utter anxious mess! 😭 X

Attachments

• IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 21
I’m sorry you’re going through this! Pregnancy after a miscarriage is especially anxiety-provoking. From what you’re describing, it sounds like you have a friable cervix (the pregnancy hormones make it prone to bleeding). I avoid proper intercourse while pregnant b/c seeing blood gives me super anxiety (having had a miscarriage at 9+2 several years back). Not ideal, but I can’t hanfle the emotions seeing that blood brings up. I hope you get your answers soon! Good luck mama.

Did you get any answers?
I know bleeding after sex can be normal, because the cervix is so full of blood and can be sensitive. Also, the 'clots' could be blood mixing with cervical mucous. Sounds gross but I've had a lot of CM since getting my BFP.
I would try to avoid sex at least during the first trimester. It's hard - I'm avoiding it because I've had 3 losses before this pregnancy - but it'll be worth it :)
Hope you get answers soon if you don't have them already, and that you proceed to have a healthy pregnancy xx

Hey I hope all is OK and you got some answers!

Thank you all, I have a scan on Friday morning. 🤞🏻 Xx

Thank you, so nervous, no spotting today, keep expecting to see red blood again every time I go to the toilet. This seems like one big cruel joke. 😢 Xx

I'm glad there hasn't been any more spotting today, that's a good sign. Praying everything will be OK :hugs:

I'm glad there hasn't been any more spotting today, that's a good sign. Praying everything will be OK :hugs:

Thank you my lovely. I'm so nervous but I also know they won't see much tomorrow either. Hoping they have me back in a week as opposed to two weeks if I have to go back. Xx

Good luck thinking of you, hope everything is ok :hugs:

I have put an new thread update as I've posted so many questions the last few days. 😢 Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"