4 and a half hours, still crying

M

MrJoeBoy

Daisy has been crying very profusly since 7pm. She has a lotof gas, colic I guess. We've spent the entire timeburping her and every now and then a burp comes out but there still seems more.

Should we literally be spending our whole timerubbing and patti g her back and moving her and her legs or shoulder try soothing her instead?

Once you get a burp up try soothing her. Does she take dummy? If so give her her dummy, cuddle her close and rock her gently. Hope she settles x

She's never used a dummy. I'm assuming she won't settle ever until all the gasis out right?

wot bout getting somat for colic ?im so sorry ur going thro this must b very hard :hugs:

Can't get anything right now as everywhere closed but will try tomorrow. Should I just keep burping for now?

at this point she could be overly tired, I would go ahead and try soothing her

Soothing her now and now she has hiccups,poor thing,it's like her body doesn't give her a chance to settle!wish I had all the gas instead. Thanks for advice

crying hard will also cause gas (gulping in air)

How do we make that vicious circle endl?! Feel so sorry for her

:( I would just try soothing her new and see if she'll calm down. Maybe once she's calm/rested a bit it'll be easier to get the air out

Hope you managed to settle her. I'd pop out and get something for the colic today. Infacol is good, as is gripe water...the gripe water actually works better for us.

I know how you feel it's awful the constant crying you everything you do doesn't seem to settle them *hugs*

Do you have a baby carrier, if you do there is a good way to carry for colic.. I will look for the link..

hope you got some sleep last night in the end, i agree i would get something today for colic incase it happens again tonight/ today. have you checked her temp ? not sure how old she is but maybe get some calpol if she has a raied temp although it does sound like colic in which case all you can do is use gripe water or something and try to burp then comfort her as best you can. i know its hard when you cant do anything to help them , juxt try to remember that it isnt her fault and that seriously it wont last forever :) time flys by so fast she will soon come out the other side
i found gripe water was better for bringing up wind but harder to administer, also it has a short shelf life once opened like 2 weeks or something where as infacol lasts alot longer. if colic becomes a regular problem i would probably go with the gripe water just write on the bottle the dat it was openned or something :)

swaddling helps with colic, if u can wrap her snuggly and wind her then try rocking her to calm.

I use infacol in every bottle on advice from mw.. and said also that you shouldnt use gripe water tiil at least 6 weeks old.
Saying all this Mylo had a 2 hour hard hard screamathon last night.. he was fed, changed, burped yet he was screaming so hard it was heart wrenching. there wasnt anything else I could do.. I was swaddling, swinging, swaying everything! the only thing I didnt do is go out in the car with him.. which was next on the list. It broke my heart so much I broke into tears mid rock.. OH saw this and took him off me.. and he instantly shut up!! dunno if it was OH's voice/smell or what.. but the difference certain;y seemed to take his mind off the reason he was so badly crying. Made me feel quite bad as a new mum. that was at 10pm- til midnight.. then we went to bed. hes been ok in the night and ok today.. so far. I am thinking maybe it was a bit of colic? even though he has the infacol with every feed. :shrug:

Thanks for all the advice. Daisy went down finally at half midnight after wailing since 7pm. She's cried so much and so hard that her voice was wheezy. She slept for 4 hours then woke up and had a feed then from 5am till 11am she was struggling to settle. Unless she had some kind of bodily contact she'd be calm for about 15 minutes then just start fidgeting.

Will get some infacol, yes I do have a sling and I use it but she's only 2 weeks and I find the only hold that seems to work is the cuddly one: https://www.kari-me.com/position.php#cuddly

The tummy to tummy one is the one i really want to do but sI find the position of the head awkward, in the image on that page the head is square on, but she can't hold her head up so when she is like that her nose and mouth are squashed into my chest which isn't ideal as she might suffocate.

Finns been like this for a few weeks and i tried everything for him even infacol before every feed. I spoke to my hv abot it because it was really starting to worry me and her responce was that some babies just cry. i had it for 4 hours only a few nights ago and since i've started to keep him awake just before his screaming time and then giving him a warm bath. It seems to be helping and settling his tummy, weve had a few nights where he hasnt gone crazy so maybe try that. hope it gets better for you, i know how hard it is. :hugs:

Bath works for us to, Joshua was quite bad tonight. Lots of trapped wind... gave him a bath and he was a happy little man after

just so you know my little man would cry for hours on end... I bet if I let him he would scream for 12 hours straight, the only time he wasn't crying is when he was sleeping or eating... I took him to the dr the other day and they said he has acid reflux and put him on meds, today is day 2 of the meds and what a difference. He always had bad hiccups and would scream alot. It seems to be helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->