4 BFPs... Do I book to see doctor or midwife

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
4 bfps today! tomorrow im going to call into the doctors. should i book to see the doctor to confirm it or book straight to see the midwife?

Im not really sure how things are done where you are but I've always gone to the Dr for confirmation and then book into the midwives. We have to have a Drs referral though.

I find it interesting how different areas/countries do things. By me you don't need a doctors opinion (my surgery saying if I've got a positive then why should them doing one prove to me I'm.pregnant) and you book straight with the midwife. That said they won't see you till 8+ weeks.

I'm in Scotland and I just booked directly with the midwife for when I will be 8 weeks

I had a doctor appointment anyway so I just mentioned it at the appointment and she told me to fill in a midwife referral form at the reception. The midwives contacted me quite soon after that :)

Thanks, I'm at the doctors this afternoon. I can't quite remember last time, I'm
Sure I went to the doctors and he just told me to book with midwife. But thing is I have no idea how far along I am. At a guess I'd say about 3/4 weeks

I think it's ok to book straight in with midwives, but if you already have a gp app, it's worth mentioning to them anyway :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->