4 bottles a day/teats/dream feed

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Lo is 3 1/2 months and healthy he has 4 feeds a day of approx 6/7oz and has started sleeping from 6.30-6am - the guidelines say he should be having 5 bottles , should I do a dream feed at 9.30 before I go to bed?

Also should I go up a teat size now he is over 3 months ? He has a really good suck and doesn't fuss

I wondered the same about my baby. She is 9 weeks and according to the guidelines should be having 5 x 6oz.. but i dont think this has ever happened! Shes putting on weight fine so i personally have decided to ignore the guidelines. I was trying to force her to have a bit more every feed but she didnt want it so i decided just to go with what she wants.
I guess babies are like us, and some eat more than others and more/less often!
As for the teat i think if its not broke, dont fix it! I went up a teat size cos she was taking an hour to take the bottle and falling asleep on it a lot. If this isnt happening i wouldnt bother?

Thanks - I had mega issues with my first ds is a breaze in comparison ! But don't want to disturb him with what he is happy with - will get him weighed next week- if he is still in his line I think I will leave him as is !

Ignore the guidelines they are all different, mine has 7-8 bottles a day at 6 months but only 4oz at a time.

I went up as my baby was getting frustrated with the teat and crying and pulling off it as it was too slow for her.

my OHs sister used the first teat size for the whole year and half she has used them, she also used the 0-3months dummys too, you just go with what your little one wants..
i too dont really go with guidlines, on the tub for the formula it says at my little ones age/weight he should be having more oz less hours.. but i go with what he wants when he wants it

The Hv said to go back to 3 hourly with less milk to get 5 bottles in as I'm giving him too much ?! (By 2oz)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->