4 days late and terrified of another BFN

Yoomee

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one going through this, so I feel bad complaining. But I'm CD31 and 4 days late. I've tested :bfn: as recently as Tuesday (CD29 and 2 days late). The doctor's office suggested I retest tomorrow when I'm 5 days late and if I still get a negative and AF doesn't arrive, then they want me to take a blood test just to confirm positive or negative.

I'm now at the point where I am so scared to test again! I know that if it's BFN and my blood test comes back negative as well that I just need to chalk it up to a wonky cycle and move on, but to have all the signs point to :bfp: and not be...it's soooooooooo dissapointing:nope: . And to top it all off, my MIL told me that she was 17 days late before she got a positive test with one of her kids! I know that HPT have come a long way in the past 30 years, but it gives a kind of hope that maybe I shouldn't have.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

I'm in the same boat in having to wait longer than most women. My mom told me she wouldn't know or have a positive till AF was a no show and even then would be like 3 -6 days after. I still test before but now it's just a few days earlier, but I hope you will see the lines you want and not be kept waiting.

I'm in the same boat in having to wait longer than most women. My mom told me she wouldn't know or have a positive till AF was a no show and even then would be like 3 -6 days after. I still test before but now it's just a few days earlier, but I hope you will see the lines you want and not be kept waiting.

Thanks Canadian! I've had 4 positive tests in my life, but to be honest they were so long ago (the most recent 10 years ago) that I can't remember how soon I tested! I know there is nothing I can do about it and just have to deal with the results no matter what, but I'm still stressing:dohh:

I'm 2 days late and trying hard to wait out af or til Monday to test. Good luck girl! Try and refocus your attention! (I know easier said than done lol)

Thanks Canadian! I've had 4 positive tests in my life, but to be honest they were so long ago (the most recent 10 years ago) that I can't remember how soon I tested! I know there is nothing I can do about it and just have to deal with the results no matter what, but I'm still stressing:dohh:

Be careful eh? Stress is a huge cockblocker! it can either delay your coming AF so you get BFN's but no AF or something can end up causing a MC early on due to the stressing. Hoping you relax a bit and just set a day to wait by that makes you feel comfortable and then test.

Thank you ladies! I'd say it's probably more obsessing than stressing, but yeah I know I have to chill out:) I will probably test tomorrow just because I have no self control!

@Cuz - Good luck to you! I have my FX for your BFP!

Got another BFN this morning:(. 5 days late and have no clue what is going on. Was my spotting CD21-26 an early period?!? There was only a tiny amount of actual red blood, and only when I wiped, not even enough to fill a panty liner. Mostly pinky orange and then brown. And way early. Ugh, guess I'm calling my Dr this morning for a blood test.

Got another BFN this morning:(. 5 days late and have no clue what is going on. Was my spotting CD21-26 an early period?!? There was only a tiny amount of actual red blood, and only when I wiped, not even enough to fill a panty liner. Mostly pinky orange and then brown. And way early. Ugh, guess I'm calling my Dr this morning for a blood test.

ok well I would wait till your a week and some late before getting a blood test. After implanting it takes up to 5 days for and HCG to be present enough to show up, but even then if your a slow grower it will take longer. also alot of test brands these days are beginning to be less sensitive because they were picking up false positives due to ovarian cysts that were giving enough of the hormone to pop it semi positive.

This is just my personal opinion you can do what you like, but I would wait a bit more before you pay for a test you may not really need.

@Canadian - I agree. I'm waiting another week at least. The nurse said it could also be low progesterone that caused my spotting and I could have not ovulated this month. She said if I don't get my period as scheduled in November I need to come in for an ultrasound and further testing, so I'm in your boat now! She said if I spot again I definitely need further testing and might need progesterone and clomid to help. At least I have some possible answers, even if I have to wait a little longer.

Your not alone. I am now 12 days late. Had bloods yesterday.
It is very hard for me to believe that I am pregnant though as I have not experienced any real symptoms that have lasted...
While typing I was literally just told that I had to drive in (2 hour round trip) because my doctor told me OK to get over the phone but he isn't in today. I could tell that I am not from her tone.

I know I'm not the only one going through this, so I feel bad complaining. But I'm CD31 and 4 days late. I've tested :bfn: as recently as Tuesday (CD29 and 2 days late). The doctor's office suggested I retest tomorrow when I'm 5 days late and if I still get a negative and AF doesn't arrive, then they want me to take a blood test just to confirm positive or negative.

I'm now at the point where I am so scared to test again! I know that if it's BFN and my blood test comes back negative as well that I just need to chalk it up to a wonky cycle and move on, but to have all the signs point to :bfp: and not be...it's soooooooooo dissapointing:nope: . And to top it all off, my MIL told me that she was 17 days late before she got a positive test with one of her kids! I know that HPT have come a long way in the past 30 years, but it gives a kind of hope that maybe I shouldn't have.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

@bby - That stinks! I'm hoping you get the news you want! I swear this is so much hurrry up and wait! At the worst, I'll know something in a few weeks when my next AF is due!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"