4 days late but very faint line

excited07

Reaction score
hi was after some advice please, im 4 days late and have taken 3 tests and all 3 have come back with a very faint line, a couple you ciuld hardly see unless you put them up towards the light so im really hoping it means a BFP but im just not sure, how long do you think i should leave it before i phone the doctors to get a bloodtest done. When ive done tests before with my other 2 dd the line came up clear straight away

Hello there sweetheart, I'm from another area of the forum but I'm also training to be a Midwife and I just wanted to share that you -may- have ovulated a little bit later than you usually do for whatever reason, unless you were tracking it?
Ovulation can happen a little late for many reasons, including simply being stressed, so it may be that you implanted a bit later than you think and therefore you do not have much of the hormone the test picks up yet and that's why it is feint.. I would just wait a couple of days and test again and it will probably be stronger :)
Also call the docs and ask to schedule a blood test because who knows how long you'll have to wait, then if you end up not needing it, then you can just cancel.

Fingers crossed for you, hope it's a sticky bean!
Good wishes,
<3

hi thank you for the reply, i will wait afew more days but hopefully fingers crossed it will be a BFP

Wishing you all the luck hun, let me know :) It must be hard to wait with it on your mind now..

thanks, my husband keeps saying its probably a phantom one because its all i think about but i dont really know anything about phantom pregnancies, i feel pregnant and i have felt this way for afew days, i have been using cheap pregnancy tests so the next time i test i will use a more expensive one

I see.. while it is possible to have a positive pregnancy test because of a phantom pregnancy it is extremely rare and to be honest, I think it is unlikely..
Did you do those three pregnancy tests close together?
If anything if you ended up not getting a positive result when you retest then it could be a chemical pregnancy, do you know what that is? But usually your period doesn't end up late with those!

Just want to warn you about the more expensive tests: sometimes the expensive ones, like clearblue for example are expensive because of the way that they are made and not how sensitive they are! Make sure you look for how sensitive they are on the box before spending your money.

Keep me posted <3

i did a test last week but that came up with nothing but i knew that would be too early and ive taken another 3 within 2 days and those ones showed the very faint lines, i took those when i was 3/4 days past af. No i dont know what chemical pregnancy is, ive heard it mentioned before but not sure exactly what it is

Well it is looking pretty good I think! Hang in there.

A chemical pregnancy is when you have a very early miscarriage at the time your period is due, very sad, people take an early response test, get a slight positive and then start their period. Usually implantation would occur and production of the hormone would start but then mc :/

But that is not what you have, please don't worry about that, you are already significatly past when your period is due :)

If it helps I got a significant positive test on day 6 past my period being due. When are you going to test again?

Ohh and P.S my friend didn't get a positive result till 7 weeks! We're all different with the amount of the hormone we produce <3

well after 3 very faint lines on tests and 7 days late i got the dreaded AF today, back to ttc again

Ohhh.. I'm so sorry hunny.. it will happen for you soon, sending you luck and light for that special sticky bean <3
Those BFP's are confusing, perhaps you should think whether you are taking anything or doing anything that might cause the tests to give false readings, you don't want to be mislead again!

All the best to you.. and thanks for letting me know X

Hey do you think it may be a chemical? Im sorry anyway and wish you all the best

dont know it could be, ive had all the symptoms of being pregnant and what with the faint lines. Idont normally suffer with any symptons but today i have had really bad back pain and cramps and pain in my legs and also im alot heavier than normal, just got an empty feeling tonight. Oh well it just wasnt meant to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->