4 large follicles at cd 10. given estrogen

Helena_

Reaction score
I went in for an sis and follicle check. I'm on 5mg of femara cd 3-7 (2.5 MG didn't work for me). The good news is that my uterus is textbook, which my doctor wasn't expecting, so that's excellent. But my cd 10 scan is showing 4 follicles on my right side. Two 14mm, one 15mm, and one 18mm. I'm at high risk of having to cancel the cycle, so I'm being given estrogen to try to reduce the follicles and thicken my lining. I go back in 2 days. Anyone else have ovaries that decide to overachieve?

I ended up have four follicles during menopur stims and I still continued with the cycle. The risk of all of those eggs ovulating/being fertilized/implanting is extremely low. But they did give us the talk about multiples. I think my clinic cancels at anything over 4. I think it's more common on the injectables I was on tho and less common on femara. I hope it works out for you! Good luck.

I am just back to ttc and going through the posts. It's good to see that you are pregnant!

my follicles ended up not growing while on estrogen, but my lining was at a 10.5 or something close to that. They were disappointed and wanted the 2 smaller ones to die down and one or two of the bigger ones to continue. this was 2 days after my cd 10 scan. So I stopped and went in for another scan 5 days later, I believe (it may have been sooner than that). Well, I ovulated on cd 13. The day after stopping estrogen. I did have another scan after ov and only 2 follicles remained, so either I ovulated both or just one and one died. However, that was enough and I'm not 6 weeks pregnant. We saw the heartbeat at 6+1 (I measured 6+0). Just one baby! So my confusing bust of a cycle ended up being the key. I really think my lining being so cushy helped a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->