4 month baby - routine?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by CinderellaTTC, Jan 31, 2011.

1. CinderellaTTC

CinderellaTTC Active Member

Evening all

Just a quick question....

Does / did anyone have their LO into a routine at 4months old? If so, what was it like? Did they sleep through the night?

My LO was sleeping through the night at xmas time but now is waking up twice a night? Im going back to work in 2 months time so was hoping to have some kind of routine established by then.

Thanks for reading! :flower:

Mich x x

2. louisiana

louisiana mummy and ttc#2

Brodies got himself into a routine to be honest(he is 16weeks old) and he has slept thro the night since about 7weeks.
    but i know they can get sleep regression at the 4mth mark.is ur LO waking up for a feed or just cuddles?

3. CinderellaTTC

CinderellaTTC Active Member

He's actually waking up for food, and having a 6oz bottle once, or even twice, a night! we tried stroking his head and soothing him back to sleep but once he's awake he just screams until he gets a bottle.
    He doesnt sleep much during the day, definitly no more than 3 hours.
    Mich x

4. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

We've only just managed this last week to get Clara on a schedule at night time and she's almost six months old.

5:30-6pm - dinner
    8pm - bathtime
    9pm - bedtime
    There's also nursing on demand throughout the evening too. Clara has been sleeping through the night since 5 weeks, but then had a 2-3 week stint of waking in the middle of the night for feeding/cuddles at about 4.5 months old. She's thankfully moved on from that though and is back to sleeping all night again.

5. SRTBaby

SRTBaby Well-Known Member

LO goes to bed between 7:30-8pm and wakes up 5-6 hours later for food. He then goes back to sleep until 5 or 6am and wakes up ready to play. We don't mind it beats 2-3 wake ups at night for food. During the day his naps are starting to change, he use to sleep for only 30 minutes he is going longer now between 45min and 2 hours.

6. Ang1873

Ang1873 Mum to amazing wee girl.

hi,

my LO was sleeping through but has been getting up at 5am for the past couple of weeks and taking a whole bottle!

she's getting better again - so i'm putting it down to the sleep regression thing.

she's in a semi routine, going down about 9.30. i try to give her her first bottle at 8am, but it doesn't always work and then i try and feed her every 3 hours but sometimes she just won't take it till later and that knocks the whole day out!!

7. amy1234

amy1234 Well-Known Member

My LO is 20 weeks.

Our evening routine is: -

- 6pm bath
    - 6:30 play on change mat / put into night clothes / baby nighttime lotion massage
    - 645 bottle
    - 7 pm bed

Up until last week we would then do a dreamfeed at 11pm and a 2nd feed at 2:30ish before getting up for the day at around 7am BUT in the last week this part of the routine has gone to pot and we have a 11pm dreamfeed, 2am feed then hell between 4am and 7am as she wakes so frequently for comfort / dummy etc etc....

8. kerry1981

kerry1981 Well-Known Member

We have had the following routine since Jenna was 2 months. Sometimes she sleeps through, sometimes not. I'm just learning to go with the flow :dohh: Although she doesn't need a feed at night, so if she wakes it isn't for that!

These are all approx but she is always in bed asleep by 6.30!

Bath - 5.45pm
    Massage - 6pm
    Bottle - 6.15pm
    Bed - 6.30pm

She will sleep until about 6.30 - 7.30am so not bad at all when she sleeps through :thumbup:

9. bolton_smiler

bolton_smiler Well-Known Member

We've had a routine since about 6week old well bedtime routine was bath at 7pm bottle and bed by 7.30 even as young as 6weeks and wake once at fweek, now she's 19weeks its the same but she'll sleep through till 7/8am she sometimes wakes which is around 5am last 2weeks for milk then will sleep til 9am. She'll be awake hour n half to 2hours and have a half hour nap, then 2 hours awake and have a 1hour nap maybe longer if out walking at dinner time, then around 2hr awake n half hour nap about 5ish then bath at 7, sorry if not easy to read I'm on my blackberry on bnb x

10. missy1

missy1 Well-Known Member

Bottle and bed at 8pm. Sleeps through till 7am (dropped dream feed last week due to lack of interest in morning bottle) First bottle at 8am, awake for an hour and a half then half hour nap then awake for a couple of hours, bottle at 12 noon then couple of hours nap. Bottle at 4pm then half hour nap around 5.30 pm then bottle and bed 8pm. She sometimes wakes about 5am but I give her a dummy and she will go back to sleep for a couple of hours