4 month old with diarrhea

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice. There's been a bug going round our house, DD1 had it starting on Thursday last week. She was sick most of Thursday, fine Friday & Saturday day, sick once Saturday night, fine all day Sunday, sick once Sunday night and then fine all day yesterday and so far today. She's had no diarrhoea at all.

DD2 started with diarrhoea on Wednesday last week, we thought it was down to teething as we noticed a back tooth poking through. There was one day although can't remember which that she was sick 4 times, still had the diarrhoea but sickness stopped. Last night she was sick once. Today she STILL has diarrhoea and I don't know at what point I should be concerned. So that's 6 days.

She's absolutely fine in herself, a bit grizzly but nothing that concerns me. Still wants to play and is babbling away, she's going through phases of wanting and then not wanting her feeds but as soon as she has a feed its in her nappy within 20 minutes. I've also been giving her dioralyte which is happening much the same as her milk.

At what point should I take her to the GP, because chances are I'll only be told it needs to run its course and to keep her fluid levels up which I'm trying my hardest to do but it seems like such a long time for someone so small to have so much poo!

unless shee running a temp or your unable to wake her or shes not alert id just keep her fuilds leave up.
it can take 2 weeks to run through her system. hope your all better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->