• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

4 more rounds of Clomid then moving onto IVF! Scared!

SmileyKez

Reaction score
Been to see my consultant and discussed my options, had 8 rounds of clomid, 1 mc, they've offered me 4 more rounds whilst we get our heads round ivf. Hubby has just started a new job which is a huge promotion for him so we want him to be able to settle in before we have to focus on ivf!

Dr agrees this is a good idea, but now I'm so scared, I really hoped it wouldn't come to ivf, I'm not hopeful about these last 4 rounds of clomid!

It's so scary to think I could be starting the ivf process in about 5 months, is anyone else in a similar position, or close to starting ivf?

I'm not but I wanted to wish you good luck :dust:

I did 3 rounds of clomid, 2 of them with IUI and then 1 round of injectables and IUI. Im 39, trying for my first and impatient, and so started IVF this month. Let me tell you, its not that bad! tomorrow is my egg collection and I have 19 follicles so hopeful theres a few good eggs in there. Ive felt a bit tired and swollen, but otherwise feel normal. I think going through months of months of BFNs is way worse than the IVF process. The injections are not exactly fun, but they are honestly not that bad and you get through it as you have hope... you feel you are doing something that has the best success rate. Im not sure what my problem is, but Im hoping its something simple like my egg shell is too hard for the sperm to penetrate, and so my IVF with ICSI will solve that. Or I might find out my eggs are bad, but at least I will have an answer rather than being unexplained.

hopefully you wont need to do IVF, but if you do have to you will get through it! (this is coming from someone who has a fear of medical things)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"