4 mos BFing every 2hrs. start solids?

wmom

Reaction score
Hi moms

My baby was doing 4 hour stretches between bfing sessions and sleeping 6 hours at night until around 3.5 months. Now she just turned 4 months and is eating every 2 hours during the day and only 4 hrs stretch at night. My Ped said to start solids now. I feel this might be a little too early (from research i did online) and read that this doesn't really help with the frequency of meals. I dont mind the frequency if thats the healthiest option for her as my concern is that she get enough to eat. Her weight is fine. Any thoughts or experiences shared would be appreciated! Thanks :)

I wouldn't. Many health organizations say 6 months, for good reason. 4 months is a brutal growth spurt... hang in there! I started solids at 5 months 1 week, so starting a bit early isn't something I'm against :)

My daughter still eats every two hours and she gets a meal a day... So in my experience it doesnt change frequency at all. I agree holding off if you can. I would have however you cannot eat infront of dd without her throwing a massive tantrum that you arnt sharing and toys stopped being a solution.

Nope, I wouldn't. It's sad that doctors are so behind on current research and recommend these things. Sounds like a growth spurt. Just keep doing what you're doing. In my experience, solids haven't changed frequency or amount of feeds and sleep actually got worse in the early weeks (and we waited to 6 months to start). Sounds like you are doing a great job, so I'd just keep it up and think about weaning later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->