4 week scan

Makeupdubai

Reaction score
has anyone had a scan at 4 weeks? if so, can you see anything? when should u b able to see sumthing?

I think 4 weeks it way to early to see anything, i have a 7 week scan tomorrow and i have been warned that they still might not be able to see anything yet.

are you pregnant? is there a reason you want a scan so early?

Have a look at this hun...

https://www.mums.me.uk/earlyscan_Fetal_Viability.htm

We are having one at 8 weeks

I had an early scan last week, and it would of only been about 3 weeks after conception and all that could be seen is thickening of the womb lining xx

I was told with my last one that even at 6w, they *might* be able to see the heartbeat, but at most just the sac and maybe the fetal pole. This time I have one at 7w and am anxiously awaiting. 4w is too early to see anything from what I was told.

I don't think you can see anything at 4w.

At 4w your baby is the size of a sesame seed.

At 6w all we got to see was a blob to confirm it was in the right place.

8w we got to see a heartbeat

xx

I had a scan at 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat. I don't think you can see much before that. There is a girl on here that had a scan at 4 weeks and was only able to see the sacs.

I had a scan right at 5 weeks exactly, we saw the sac and the yolk sac. I needed the scan to make sure that it was not an ectopic. I beleive what you see depends more on your HCG levels. Normally, from what I have heard, your levels need to be 1000-2000 before anything can be seen.I may have been earlier than 5 weeks. I was so early so that the machine could not even measure the size of the sac so she said that I had to be 4-5 weeks along. We are having another one done tomorrow, 6 weeks 6 days to look for proper growth and and a heartbeat. Here is a picture of my ultrasound. the small amound of whiteness on the right hand side of the sac is the yolk sac. (I hope that its okay that I post the pic here)
https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/jen51903/babyshouse.jpg

At 4 weeks everything is still way too small to be seen. You might see the yolk sac, but that would be pretty much it. I had a scan at 6w5d and we saw the itty bitty baby and heard the heartbeat. But I guess anything is possible, so good luck to you!

They usually don't scan you at 4 weeks because all you'll see is a possible gestational sac. You won't see a yolk sac until 5 weeks, and a fetal pole until 6... heartbeat will be right after.

Hi, I went for an early scan this week thinking I was 8 wks. They only found the gestational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat. Have to go back in 2 weeks to find out if pregnancy still ongoing. 4 wks I think is far too early and will only result in worry. But that's just my opinion. Hope everything goes ok for you hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->