4 weeks and really worried

CrystalClaire

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I am 4 weeks pregnant today and have cramping, backache and some brown spotting. Has anyone else had this?!
I am really worried and i thought implantation would have already took place by now?
Thanks in advance!

Brown spotting can be fine Hun. It may just be old blood. Keep rested and fingers crossed!

Also congrats on your pregnancy xxx

Thanks for the reply :)
I let my doctor know and he wants to refer me for an early scan but i thought they would not be able to see anything with ultrasound this early!?

I'm really not sure what they would see at this stage. Certainly not a heartbeat or anything like that but you might see the sac? Not sure. If nothing else they would be able to see possibly where the bleeding is/was coming from

at 4w, it is likely all you will see is a thickening of the uterine lining. I'd say less than a 20% chance of seeing an implanted sac.

At 4w, brown bleeding/cramping is likely from implantation.

I was pretty surprised my doctor wanted to send me as i am 4 weeks 3 days but maybe it is because of the cramps and back pain with the spotting?
I have all the usual symptoms of swollen sore boobs, nausea and the worst indigestion which surprised me as i thought that was something you didnt get until much later on.
My husband and i are feeling really stressed out right now by everything :-(

Early scans are brilliant for reassurance if you go at the right time! 4 weeks is very early to see much! I had a early scan due to ectopic! I thought i was 6weeks i was less than 5 saw a yolk sac! So waited 10 days went back yesterday, now see a tiny 2.3mm fetal pole but no HB as yet so im absolutely consumed with nothing else :/ got to go back next week!! O also had a tiny spot bleed at 5ish weeks, nothing showed up on scan as to why! So if you gp for the early scan pls be aware you might not see much and then its a whole new worry!! Congratulations on your pregnancy n try to remain positive!! Which is my new outlook!! Xx

I am still spotting brown i just wish it would stop!! :-( We have not told any of the family as its so early on so its just be and hubby so being our first we cant really help each other that much.
I am sorry to hear you are having worries too!! Even though you try to think of other things or carry on with the day it seems to be all there is on my mind. Its so much uncertainty and waiting which i think makes everything so scary.
I am going to try and take your advice and work on being positive as much as possible, its all so exhausting xx

Try not to worry luvvie, I've had mild cramping and backache, and spotting is fine as long as its brown and not red. All seems fine to me. Congratulations and hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months xxx

Happened like that for me. I was cramping and spotting for 2 days when my period was due.

Then the spotting stopped and I was just tired with huge boobs and moody as hell!
Im sure you're fine:)

One thing that reassured me was that I was reading that no matter what you do (unless your directly doing something crazy and harmful), if something bad were to happen its out of your control so relax:)

Congrats!

Not sure A&E will be able to do anything as its so early ultrasound probably wont show anything and they can't stop it.
Have done some research on a chemical pregnancy and wondering if that is what i am experiencing as it seems now like i am coming on a period!! It is red now and more than just spotting.
The EPU is meant to be ringing me tomorrow about an appointment so i will probably ask them i guess
Like you say it really is out of my hands now sadly

:hugs: It does sound like a chemical sweetie.
It's probably not the best advice but I'd try POAS and see if the line is darker/lighter?
Unfortunately there is nothing to do for a chemical and doctors aren't really needed as no D&C or anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->