4 weeks on April 17. Looking for Preggo buddy

I did actually just think of it. Kinda simple, but my mom will like it, i think. She is a prankster, so the box thing is right up her alley. Hopefully we can pull it off. ��

Your grandmother will be thrilled. Sounds like you have a few cute ideas of your own. I think no matter what, it will be great once the news is out!!

Yes, can't wait. About 4 weeks until first doctor visit. Is anyone else having vivid dreams? My dream last night was that I went on a date with Justin Bieber. haha

Btw, I changed my username, so soon2be is no longer my name :)

Vivid dreams were my first symptom and they have been CRAZY. lol. I usually don't remember my dreams at all, but now I dream vividly every night. Weird how hormones effect your body isn't it??

Yes it's so strange. So I'm going to a destination wedding this weekend (without DH). People are already speculating about me being pregnant. How will I hide it? I'm thinking I'll drink non-alcoholic beer or cranberry/pineapple juice.

I have been struggling with that a lot. We have dinner with my mom a few times a week and usually I have a beer. Lately, I have been pulling the waitress aside to explain and then ordering a "raspberry stoli with sprite and a splash of grenadine". Obviously without the vodka, but in case anyone tries to taste it, the grenadine kinda gives the flavor that would cover up the lack of raspberry stoli. I've also beenaking excuses about tried to lose weight and cut the beer out. I know some people say that they are taking medication and can't drink, but I know my mom would see through that.

That's a good idea, I can that to say I'm cutting down on calories. I just know people are going to know and my DH really doesn't want the cat out of the bag until mid June! That seems so far away.

I know! It will go by more quickly than you think though. I just had my scan today and found out that I am measuring 9 weeks, so my new edd is Nov.26-Thanksgiving!! Should be interesting to see how close we get. Initially, we were thinking dec.6 because AF came in march, but I guess we were already pregnant at that point.

Hey ladies!

I was wondering if I could join you, I'm 4 weeks today with my first! That puts my due date somewhere around December 31st - NYE!! I got my first positive at 10/11 DPO and a stronger one at 12/13 and a cheapie positive yesterday at 14/15 DPO.

I saw you both discussing when you're planning on telling family and friends! All the ideas are so adorable! I told my best friend yesterday as I had a really cute opportunity to do so, and I decided that even though it's so early, I'd want and need her support no matter what and I've already been dying to talk to her about everything so I feel ok with it. I told another really close friend Tuesday, but I'd always planned on telling her right after DH, as she will be my doula and has midwife connections.

I also hope to tell our families on Mother's Day, even though it'll still be very early - around 6 weeks. My husbands sister told their family right away with both pregnancies and after talking with them a bit I feel they'd be supportive if we told them and then something went wrong down the road and we'd need the support. With my family we are extremely close and it's impossible to me that I have to wait even that long to tell them! We've discussed all possibilities already and I know they'll be supportive. With both families we plan on presenting the mothers with their Mother's Day cards, except in stead of saying "Mom" on them, they'll say "grandma".

Currently I'm a bit lost as between my schedule (I'm an Early Childhood Educator and work as a nanny - I don't have anyone to cover me) and my Drs office, I couldn't get in at all until May 26th at which point I'll be 9 weeks. It makes me very uneasy to not even have blood work done before then and I fear this will make seeing an obstetrician not possible until very late in my first trimester. I know I've mentioned a midwife, but in my province there is such a shortage there's a good chance I won't get one, so I've got to cover my bases. I've heard so many stories on here of missed miscarriages waiting makes me nervous! My current solution is to go to a walk in for a blood test next week, once I've officially missed my period, and other than that just keep peeing on sticks!!

Anyone have any advice regarding the above?

As for gender, I think we'll find out, and I'll be happy with either, although my DH has resigned to calling it "he" and I have been calling it "she" and I do lean towards wanting a girl. The children I nanny are both girls and when I see boys I get tired just watching them! Plus I'm the first born in my family and my mom and I have always had such a close relationship and I really would love that as well.

I also wanted to respond RE hiding not drinking and hiding the bloat!

I have a wedding this weekend as well, and thankfully most of this group of friends knows we're trying and I haven't been drinking for weeks, so they will probably not think twice about it, but will also probably be asking things like "are you pregnant yet?". I'll just brush it off.

However this darn bloat! I am small and have a flat stomach, but not since a few days past ovulation, and especially not now! I think I might have to buy a new dress for the wedding to be able to hide it or avoid sucking in my stomach all night!!

I know! It will go by more quickly than you think though. I just had my scan today and found out that I am measuring 9 weeks, so my new edd is Nov.26-Thanksgiving!! Should be interesting to see how close we get. Initially, we were thinking dec.6 because AF came in march, but I guess we were already pregnant at that point.

That would be my ideal due date! Thanksgiving is such a perfect time to have a baby!! I can't wait to see what the doctor's think my due date will be but there's a really good possibility that it will be xmas day!

I also wanted to respond RE hiding not drinking and hiding the bloat!

I have a wedding this weekend as well, and thankfully most of this group of friends knows we're trying and I haven't been drinking for weeks, so they will probably not think twice about it, but will also probably be asking things like "are you pregnant yet?". I'll just brush it off.

However this darn bloat! I am small and have a flat stomach, but not since a few days past ovulation, and especially not now! I think I might have to buy a new dress for the wedding to be able to hide it or avoid sucking in my stomach all night!!

Welcome! I think we already spoke through a different thread. I'm a teacher as well! The wedding I have is at an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean, so everyone will be drinking their moneys worth! Hopefully, they will be drinking so much that they don't realize that I'm drinking cranberry juice. haha! That's so nice that you've told friends that you can talk to. My DH will not let me tell a single soul until our doctor appointment which isn't until may 20 and 29.

That's tough with not telling anyone, but also understandable and smart! Thankfully it's easy to get a mocktail at those all inclusives! The tough is when there are shots!! I guess if you don't normally do them then you can go with that or say they go down the wrong way lately!

And yes, I started a thread and you replied, but it seems like there's more going on here so I hoped I could join!

I don't normally take shots and I'm hoping that this place doesn't allow shots. A lot of all inclusive places don't allow you to take shots.

That would be my ideal due date! Thanksgiving is such a perfect time to have a baby!! I can't wait to see what the doctor's think my due date will be but there's a really good possibility that it will be xmas day!

I love Thanksgiving, so I think it will be good timing. Also, since the thanksgiving date changes, his/her birthday will not always fall on the holiday. The only problem is that we usually have thanksgiving at our house every year. We may have to change that plan this year. ;) A Christmas baby would be so special. Best gift ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->