4 weeks pregnant! First Baby! Can't tell anyone yet!

megan3456

Reaction score
Hi guys!

So, I'm officially 4 weeks along, missed AF today, have had loads of symptoms the past week or so, had BFPs 3 days in a row now.

I'm too nervous to tell anyone I know yet, because I want to make sure my bean sticks in there long enough. Even my boyfriend doesn't know. I seriously still temp and check for AF so often throughout the day bc I'm scared of MC/chem :nope:

BUT I'M SO EXCITED! And backachey, tired, dizzy, painful boobs, confused bladder, horribly constipated, headaches, and MOOD SWINGS.

^ Seriously, I cried in the grocery store over a shitty looking cake while saying "it's so beautiful". Man, do I wake up angry from some vivid dreams, I am touchy.

This is only day 3 of knowing and I don't feel comfortable telling people I know yet! Internet gals, chat with me! Laugh, cry, complain, whatever you want just TALK to me, I need to relate to someone!

Hi guys!

So, I'm officially 4 weeks along, missed AF today, have had loads of symptoms the past week or so, had BFPs 3 days in a row now.

I'm too nervous to tell anyone I know yet, because I want to make sure my bean sticks in there long enough. Even my boyfriend doesn't know. I seriously still temp and check for AF so often throughout the day bc I'm scared of MC/chem :nope:

BUT I'M SO EXCITED! And backachey, tired, dizzy, painful boobs, confused bladder, horribly constipated, headaches, and MOOD SWINGS.

^ Seriously, I cried in the grocery store over a shitty looking cake while saying "it's so beautiful". Man, do I wake up angry from some vivid dreams, I am touchy.

This is only day 3 of knowing and I don't feel comfortable telling people I know yet! Internet gals, chat with me! Laugh, cry, complain, whatever you want just TALK to me, I need to relate to someone!

Hi Megan I can relate! Was due af on Monday, now two days late. Did a test yesterday which was a faint line and enough to make me almost certain. But worried if I start bleeding then it was a near miss...

Have only done some cheap tests. Oh wants me to wait a few days - he doesn't get that I can't. He doesn't think the line is strong enough but this is his first. I have a six year old and also tried for a long time for a second so pretty familiar with negative cheapies. There's definitely colour!

Yeah I don't wanna tell people irl too quick although oh knows but doesn't believe it yet. The hard bit is though that people might pick up on me not drinking over Christmas period....

Wow you have a lot of symptoms. I am tired and have been for ages. Constipated too but that's usual for me.

When are you gonna tell your bf?

Congrats to you too, Gemmy!!

I'm really not sure when I'll tell him. Maybe at least 6 weeks? Trying to get an appt around 6-7 wks and telling the obgyn I "don't know" when my last AF was so I can see if there's a heartbeat/sac, etc. Bc I understand some doctors won't allow you an ultrasound for at least a couple weeks past that, and yes, that'll be suspicious of me not drinking also. Hopefully I'm not having MS around him, although I got quite nauseous last night.

Planning on either drinking mocktails or selzer with lemon to keep up the charade and not pouring/requesting one while someone is around, let people think what they may ;)

I've been using FRER, so I'm pretty certain, but men tend to doubt what isn't smacking them in the face. He might not believe me either if they're not both 2 hot pink lines.

Thank you! Ah yes maybe mocktails are a good idea! I'll try and keep that up tonight and still get a taxi with the others!

Wow your willpower is good, why don't you want your boyfriend to know yet? I want to get a digital to show mine as don't think he'll believe it otherwise though I'm certain even with faint lines. Just the thought of suddenly bleeding stops me wanting to believe 100%!

His parents struggled a lot financially when he was a kid, and he's still getting his finances in line. We've had the talk before, and he said how he'd want a girl and we'd make cute babies, etc, but isn't sure about having one bc of money.

Ah that makes sense! I must admit I have started to think about money situation today, thinking if I was due Aug 2017 things are going to be tight. I'm working school hours now and my son is 6 and obviously at school. Me going on maternity pay will effect us dramatically. But then I think you manage - you have to - and definitely isn't a good idea to wait to long. So yes you are right to hold on with telling him. You never know he might guess and be overjoyed! Must still be sinking in for you !

Yep, I'm cycling from excited to terrified, but that's probably expected.

Isn't it great to see it turn from white to color?! FX for a sticky little sib for your DS! I've heard digi's aren't nearly as sensitive and take a few extra days before they turn positive. When in Aug?? Mine is the 29th. We can be Aug buddies, lol!

Yep, I'm cycling from excited to terrified, but that's probably expected.

Isn't it great to see it turn from white to color?! FX for a sticky little sib for your DS! I've heard digi's aren't nearly as sensitive and take a few extra days before they turn positive. When in Aug?? Mine is the 29th. We can be Aug buddies, lol!

Yay! I worked it out 28th which is 40 weeks since my last period on 21st Nov! X

How are you doing Megan? I'm feeling better as stronger lines and spotting stopped. Can't believe it still. X

Hey there! Glad to hear things are going well for you!! Got a strong BFP a couple days ago, first appt scheduled and nausea is kicking in a bit. Hope your holidays are bright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->