40+4 and still waiting ..anyone else want to wait together?

Luxoire

Mummy to 2 gorgeous babies
Reaction score
I think I lost my plug 2days ago as it was a long stretch of thick fat mucus but it had no blood in it. After googling..the plug can be clear or bloody...apparently this isn't a sure sign that labour is anywhere near as the plug can rebuild itself.

Last night though I had lots of that heavy crampy period pain feeling on and off all night but no labour. ..

I am booked for a sweep on monday and induction on 13th..but I get so weak, dizzy and tirednow I wonder if I should be patient or ask for early induction. I might not have any energy left by the 13th...

I'm at 40+3 and starting to get impatient! Especially since all last week I was having tons of cramping and thought for sure it meant things were moving along and then Sunday came and all my symptoms went away (expect for the usual pelvic pain and pressure that I've felt for a month). I've had no cramping at all these past few days and haven't even lost my mucus plug or anything yet!

The baby was fully engaged at my 37 week appt. and my midwife even commented on how it might end up coming before my due date since it had engaged so early.

I'm trying to let things happen with as little intervention as possible so I haven't had a sweep. If the baby hasn't come by Monday they will do an ultrasound to make sure things are still ok in there and then if another week goes by they will induce me at 42 weeks. I'm hoping things start to happen soon!

I'm 41+1 - I honestly never imagined I'd go 8 days overdue but it seems likely I'll go the whole hog & have to be induced. Two sweeps have done nada, and I've not had so much as a twinge!

I'm at 40+3 and starting to get impatient! Especially since all last week I was having tons of cramping and thought for sure it meant things were moving along and then Sunday came and all my symptoms went away (expect for the usual pelvic pain and pressure that I've felt for a month). I've had no cramping at all these past few days and haven't even lost my mucus plug or anything yet!

The baby was fully engaged at my 37 week appt. and my midwife even commented on how it might end up coming before my due date since it had engaged so early.

I'm trying to let things happen with as little intervention as possible so I haven't had a sweep. If the baby hasn't come by Monday they will do an ultrasound to make sure things are still ok in there and then if another week goes by they will induce me at 42 weeks. I'm hoping things start to happen soon![/QUOTE

Tell me about it...my baby as my last appt 39+5 was 3/5 engaged mw said. She booked me in for sweep at 41weeks..and induction at 42...im hoping LO comes before then but baby feels too comfy in there I doubt if it will come before induction. .or whether to request sweep early

I'm 41+1 - I honestly never imagined I'd go 8 days overdue but it seems likely I'll go the whole hog & have to be induced. Two sweeps have done nada, and I've not had so much as a twinge!

Oh wow!!! Hang in there hun ....atlewast ur 42wks is almost here...hope baby comes before induction. .but either way u will meet ur baby in less than a week!! U have done so well

I'm 40+2...last week I had every sign under the sun that lead me to believe I'd have the baby within hours.. but ever since I hit the 40th week they are gone! I have a MW appointment this afternoon and will be asking for a sweep.

Oh wow!!! Hang in there hun ....atlewast ur 42wks is almost here...hope baby comes before induction. .but either way u will meet ur baby in less than a week!! U have done so well

Lol thanks! Its dragging itself out that's for sure, he was supposed to be a May baby!

40+2 here. Went 17 days late with my 1st and was 3 weeks early with my second. I've had prodromal labor with all of them and this one's the worst. I'm not doing any sweeps or anything, but I have finally given in and I'm going to see a chiropractor this afternoon in the hopes that she can 1) fix the nerve that has been making my hand tingle for the last month and 2) either stop the prodromal labor or move it along.
I'm not in that much of a hurry to evict the baby but in 15 days my mother and my aunt will have traveled the 2500 miles to come see baby and as I am having a homebirth, I would rather cut my own throat then have the 2 of them here for the event.

40+2 here. Went 17 days late with my 1st and was 3 weeks early with my second. I've had prodromal labor with all of them and this one's the worst. I'm not doing any sweeps or anything, but I have finally given in and I'm going to see a chiropractor this afternoon in the hopes that she can 1) fix the nerve that has been making my hand tingle for the last month and 2) either stop the prodromal labor or move it along.
I'm not in that much of a hurry to evict the baby but in 15 days my mother and my aunt will have traveled the 2500 miles to come see baby and as I am having a homebirth, I would rather cut my own throat then have the 2 of them here for the event.

I'm in the same boat, as my parents have driven 24 hours to be here for when the baby is born. They figured he/she would be here by now and will be staying with us for 2 weeks. They have been close by since Monday but since nothing has happened they are doing some travelling a couple of hours outside of my city just waiting for the call, but they're getting impatient and eventually just want to come and stay here until the baby comes. Even though I'm not having a home birth we will be labouring at home with the midwife for as long as possible and I would very much like only for it to be my husband and I here. But if baby isn't here in the next day or two my parents are just going to come here...it stresses me out!

I'm 40 + 2
Have been told that baby is well down in my pelvis and 1/5 engaged (well palpable) today, but apart from BH and some obvious pressure I don't think much is happening. I have a sweep booked for 41 weeks which I am hoping will work as well as my sweep last pregnancy. Hoping not to need it though...! Wishful thinking maybe?!
Rx

Hey ladies..update..I noticed I was leaking little drops of liquid ladt night..I told my hubby and he agreed we should go to hospital for check up as it didn't smell like urine. I thought it was baby putt pressure on my bladder. Any after internal scan I have been told there is s tear in the membrane the size of s finger tip and that is where my hind waters is leaking from. Good thing I came in within 24hrs as otherwise baby would've been left with little water

Will come back with an update after induction and birth

I'm in the same boat, as my parents have driven 24 hours to be here for when the baby is born. They figured he/she would be here by now and will be staying with us for 2 weeks. They have been close by since Monday but since nothing has happened they are doing some travelling a couple of hours outside of my city just waiting for the call, but they're getting impatient and eventually just want to come and stay here until the baby comes. Even though I'm not having a home birth we will be labouring at home with the midwife for as long as possible and I would very much like only for it to be my husband and I here. But if baby isn't here in the next day or two my parents are just going to come here...it stresses me out!

Nothing like trying to have a baby under pressure is there?? My MW likens laboring under pressure to trying to have sex in front of your parents...:shrug:

Nothing like trying to have a baby under pressure is there?? My MW likens laboring under pressure to trying to have sex in front of your parents...:shrug:

Haha so true!

Hey ladies..update..I noticed I was leaking little drops of liquid ladt night..I told my hubby and he agreed we should go to hospital for check up as it didn't smell like urine. I thought it was baby putt pressure on my bladder. Any after internal scan I have been told there is s tear in the membrane the size of s finger tip and that is where my hind waters is leaking from. Good thing I came in within 24hrs as otherwise baby would've been left with little water

Will come back with an update after induction and birth

Wow good thing you went in. Good luck with the induction!

2 days late here :( hoping baby comes soon.....really feel for the ladies 41 weeks + hope your babies come soon!

x

2 days late today :cry: even had a sweep done yesterday! Lost some of my muscus plug last night....woke up today and nothing! ...ohh the disappointment!
I've got another sweep booked on Monday, then they want to book a date for the dreaded induction!

Any babies anyone?! How are you all feeling? I'm still waiting. Have got niggly pains and belly is contracting but no real contraction pain to talk about x

I'm 40+6 now and I just lost my mucus plug about an hour ago, it was huge. I'm having lots of braxton hicks but no real contractions. My midwife told me yesterday that I was 80% effaced and 2cm dilated, she gave me a sweep and predicted that I'd be in labour within 24-48 hours. I'm hoping she's right!

Hey ladies an update...so I went into hospital Wednesday afternoon I was leaking fluid which I didny think was urine. Anyway after a check up I was told my membrane sack had ruptured and had a tear the size of a finger tip and so that was what was causing the leak. They decided they couldnt send me hope as it was dangerous
So I would be staying in to see if labour starts in its own or if they need to induce it. By Thursday morning after having contractions all night I was told I was half a cm dilated so they would leave things to happen naturally. By thursday afternoon the contractions were getting stronger but I had not dilated any further .so they decided to start induction with the gel. This increased the frequency and strength of the contractions. I think these stronger contractiond msde my baby distressed ss she was not ready for them. Do did a poo in the water. This then became an emergency do e rr referref to the labour ward. When checked thursdsy afternoon i was still only 0.5cm dilated so they put s hormonsl drip anf epidural as thr contractions were getting unbearable. I resct to the epidural as my heart rate slowed and I almost passed out. So the epidural was stopped. Baby started reacting to the Syntocin as her heart rate dropped dramatically each time they increased the dose. At 3.30am on friday I wad checked and was 1cm coupled with the other factors I was rushed to theatre and was delivered by csec..as I had no energy left as anout 3days of labour or pre term labour...thank God for keepin mg baby an I ad I have never met s bunch of morr incompetent professionals!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->