40+4 ..... Still no sign

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Anyone else ? Feel like this babies never going to make an appearance! Booked in for induction on Wednesday, what exactly happens at an induction in the uk?

hi :hi: I was induced with my son and this is what happened for me:

We went in at 9.30am I was checked and then a pessary/strip thing was inserted and then I was put on a monitor for 20/30mins
After that I was told I could either go home until it all started happening or I could hang around

We left but I was back in at about 2.30 due to contractions my waters broke naturally about an hour later when the pessary thing was removed and then went into delivery suite at 8cm at 7pm had my son 10.35pm that night :thumbup:

My induction was a pretty positive one - so I hope your's is too but I hope more that you go before your induction date :hugs:

How come they are inducing that early? My induction was, went in, was checked and put on the monitor, pessary inserted, wait, contractions started slowly and built up over the day, waters broke on their own, got to 4cm with very close intense contractions (Normal with induction) using gas and air then went to delivery ward and had an epidural. Much more comfortable for the next few hours obviously as the pain was taken away, topped up the epi a few times, when I got to 10cm I was pushing but he wasn't moving down, they tried some pitocin in a drip to make contractions stronger but he wasn't moving at all, so ended up prepped for a c section in theatre but they managed with forceps. He just really wasn't ready to be born I think that's why it didn't go smoothly. Not the best experience of induction but if you're already on your way it should work fine. Hope things start progressing for you! X

I know exactly how you feel! I was originally due Aug 26th. I went past that date and I had minimal signs that labor would ever begin. I had effaced 60=70%, but wasn't dilating or contracting. I didnt have a bloody show. I was worried I would end up inducated again.
Well, last Tuesday morning I was 40+6 and felt 'off' & was having contractions real low down in the front. They weren't regular but they made it harder to stand. I told my hubby to stay close that day, but things faded out by afternoon. I went home from work at noon, saw chiropractor, took a small nap and a warm bath. We had sex before bed. Shortly after going to bed, I felt a gush and contractions started. We went to hospital when contraction were every 4 minutes. My waters hadnt broken, the gush was lots of mucous.
It was a 15-hour, all natural, vaginal delivery, with the exception of manual rupture of membranes after my contractions stopped during the 12th hour of labor. After that, transition happened quickly, progressing from 5cm to 10 cm in just over an hour, following by about 40 minutes of pushing.
Just know that things can change fast - which I know you may be sick of hearing. Hang in there!

Hi there! I am 40+5 today. I know I am always late that is why my ticker has my due date on Thursday... Never have been on time before and this is baby no5.
I know it can get frustrating but honestly you will probably miss the whole pregnancy thing so even though it sounds easier said then done, try and enjoy these last few days.
I was induced with my first one, honestly did not enjoy it but that doesn't mean you can't have a positive experience. I guess it also depends on the type of birth you want...

Good luck! It will be amazing no matter what! �� xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->