40 and TTC with suddenly shorter cycles

JoHio

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just popping in to say hello and talk into the void. I'm 40 and half-heartedly TTC baby 5. My cycles were usually every 26-28 days, then I had a weird 35 day cycle (no positive test, but maybe a chemical? I don't know) and now they're super short. 21-22 days. This last cycle was 18 (!) and I had weird spotting during ovulation but that may have to do with getting my second COVID vaccine (which I've heard can mess with your cycle, short-term--no fertility issues it seems: my BFF just got pregnant the cycle after her second shot!) or maybe my wonky cycles are the result of getting older. I've had blood tests in the last week, which came back "perfect" and an ultrasound, which also came back great.

I am not sure what I am asking for here, because I don't have a particular question. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation. As I mentioned, we are not full-on trying for another baby, but when it's just not happening either, it makes you wonder. I know we are lucky to have the happy, healthy kids we do have so I won't winge (too much) about anything.

I hope you're all well!

Last edited:
Yes, I feel every bit of this post! We aren't necessarily trying but certainly not preventing. I guess in my heart that means we're trying and every negative test makes me feel old and like my body is failing.

I'm happy to hear that your tests all came back as great. Hopefully that gives you some relief. Wonky cycles suck and getting older sucks more! Good luck to you in this next cycle!

Hi, I have also heard vaccination can mess up cycles. Or stress might also contribute to it.

Thanks to both of you!

Monroea, you are correct that I am relieved the tests came back normal. Good luck to you too!

All this said, I recently read a study that said women who have 3-4 kids age more slowly (according to their DNA) than women who have 2-0 or 5 or more, so at 4 kids now, I guess I should preserve what I have left of my youth and roll with it. Of course we can take these findings with a grain of salt but I try to use them to comfort me. Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->