40+ TTC, Loss & Pregnancy

Angelique76

Reaction score
My hope for this thread is that we can support each other in our journey, whether TTC, MC or successfully falling pregnant.

Today, for the first time in years, my cycle is 26 days and not 28 days. I read that it could be due to the polyp that I have, which will be removed in June. Could also be stress related, there has been a bit of that lately, but will have to get through it and move forward from there.

Hi there! I turned 40 in November. I have 5 children already and 1 miscarriage most likely due to my age.
A few days ago I found out I'm pregnant again. I know the risks so I'm not hugely optimistic.
I did take supplements for 3 cycles prior to trying in the hopes of boosting egg health. Hopefully it worked.
Let me know if you have questions or just want to talk.

Hi there! I turned 40 in November. I have 5 children already and 1 miscarriage most likely due to my age.
A few days ago I found out I'm pregnant again. I know the risks so I'm not hugely optimistic.
I did take supplements for 3 cycles prior to trying in the hopes of boosting egg health. Hopefully it worked.
Let me know if you have questions or just want to talk.

Hi Love4You,

Congratulations! I pray this is a sticky bean for you.

Taking supplements definitely help at our age. :) Progesterone issues normally start declining at our age as well. Have you had yours checked?

I said that I am having a polyp removed in June. This month, though, my cycle is 26 days. First time in 5 years that it's not 28 days. I read on Doctor Google that it can be because of the polyp. Doctor said we can ttc if we want to but we would prefer him to run all the tests first.

I am so impatient. I just want to try again now!

I am so afraid of another mc. My dd almost cried the other night saying she will never have a sibling.

How far were you with your mc?

When in November is your birthday? I turned 40 November 30th. :)

I turned 40 on nov 13 so we're pretty close.
I have zero patience so I don't know that I'd be able to wait to TTC. When I had the miscarriage (8 weeks) I was consumed with getting pregnant. Just waiting for my cycle to come back was torture.
I'm sure doctors know best but it would be so nice if they could do the surgery tomorrow!
I will call my OB this week for the usual blood work and ask about the progesterone. I don't know if they routinely test.

Morning Love3You,

Yes, we are not far apart.

I am just waiting. I am feeling a but annoyed, but at the same time, time seems to go so quickly, so will be there before we know it.

I read on Google this weekend that one shoudl wait 2 months before ttc after a polyp is removed. That has annoyed me so much more! Will confirm that with my OB. It seems that the op will happen at O time, which is a bit earlier because of the 26 day cycle this month. So if he says wait 2 months, it will mean ttc only in August. Arrghhhhh!!!

How are you toay? Let me know what your OB says. I hope that you have a great week.

I'm supposed to have my first appt plus blood work done Thursday. But I just started pink spotting. It's not enough to make me go to the ER and my OB is closed. So I guess I'll call tomorrow and see about blood work. Im not overly optimistic though. :(

I'm supposed to have my first appt plus blood work done Thursday. But I just started pink spotting. It's not enough to make me go to the ER and my OB is closed. So I guess I'll call tomorrow and see about blood work. Im not overly optimistic though. :(

Oh no, I am praying that everything is ok. Please let me know how you are. :hugs:

I went and had labs drawn and then will have them repeated Thursday. Hopefully everything will double accordingly. The bleeding lasted less than an hour and no cramps. So I have a little bit of hope. But I'm stuck in limbo til thurs evening. Boo.

I am glad to hear that it stopped. It can be so nerve wrecking!

I pray that it all goes well. Try to rest and not stress too much. I know that it is not easy though, I become a complete nutter.

Chat soon xo

Oh I'm totally nuts! And of course my OB still hasn't even called to give me yesterday's number yet. I know it means nothing without Thursday's to compare but if its low then I'll at least be ready for bad news later. Ugh. The wait.
Why do we do this to ourselves again?

Hi I'm 41 had 3 losses before my dd who is 1 and another since including 2 sets of twins. Just finishedy first af after erpc with my last loss. Going for bloods tomorrow then appt with recurrent miscarriage consultant next week with results from genetic testing. Thought at the time I wouldn't go for if again but now just want one more try to give our child a sibling. I thought it would never happen but am going for it! X

Hi Nessaw, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I pray for you that all goes well and that you will have your rainbow soon. Looking forward to reading about your journey.

Love4You - that's great! My number with my December pregnancy was only 54 at 14dpo. Here's hoping for a double up by Thursday. How do you feel otherwise? Any cravings or hectic symtpoms yet?

I read that the incindence of twins increases by 200% after the age of 40. My dd. said she just wants one please lol

Exactly 2 months today and I see my ob, pre-op, and then ttc as soon as he has the bloods back. I cannot wait!

I'm so sorry for all of your losses Nessaw. Losing just one so far was crushing for me. I hope the tests give you answers and new hope.
Angelique-your day is coming up soon. I'm excited for you.

I got my 2nd beta and it's 545. I doubled. Yay. Ultrasound Monday to make sure it's not ectopic but can they even see anything at 5 weeks?

I am so happy for you Love! That is really awesome.

Thanks for the wishes. After 3 losses, we.use don't want to go through that again. I can't wait!!! But it's already less than two months away.

Doctor could see on my ultrasound. Can't see heart beat but can see where it is. So that is exciting. :) Can't wait.to see the pic :)

Hi Lovely :flower: Following in your journey here too as well as in contact on facebook! xxx

Love4you - I noticed your little boy is called Lucas too :) great name ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->