47 hour doubling time REALLY okay??

4077girl

Reaction score
My hcg at 13 dpo was 247 and then at 16 dpo it was 713. According to online calculators it had a 47 hour doubling rate, and I know it says all over the Internet 24-72 hours is normal, but everything I read in medical journals says in healthy pregnancies it is faster than this. I was shocked it even went up as much as it did because my pregnancy tests weren't getting darker but I feel like I still haven't gotten a conclusive answer. The nurse was happy with that number and said I could schedule my first us but I asked if we could do another beta first and she said we could. So I go back in tomorrow morning. I'm really really hoping it is okay. My numbers are so high too, so I have no idea what is going on with that! I had 2 mature follicles when they did the iui and 2 others that were "borderline" at 15mm so multiples is possible. I'm wondering if maybe my doubling was on the slow side because my pregnancy started with multiples (hence the high hcg) and not all them made it?? But I haven't had any bleeding at all. My progesterone was "great" so she told me I didn't have to take the suppositories anymore so I don't think that would be stopping any bleeding.

Actually I think your doubling rate isn't just "okay", I think it's great!

People that double in 24 hours or so are usually under 100. It starts slowing down pretty quickly.

Here's a good site to see what's normal. And ALL of the examples here are from healthy full term pregnancies, so even the slow and fast extremes were happy and healthy.

https://www.betabase.info/chart/doubling/single

You're VERY close to the exact median, so that's great!

Congratulations!!!

I agree. I don't think 24 hour doubling rate is normal or to be expected, especially at your HCG levels! I mainly read that double every 48-72 hours is normal, not anything under that.

I hope so. I called my OTHER RE's office (because I'm supposed to cancel my appointment with them if I'm pregnant) and she didn't sound super optimistic. I guess I'll know more tomorrow. I want so badly for this pregnancy to be viable but I'm so afraid to get my hopes up and nothing seems to be going quite right.

47 hours is ideal! Most women actually don't double in the 24 hour time frame. If you looks through my threads the one titled 'Low hcg levels 16 dpo'...my doubling times were way over 47 hours, and my daughter is now 9 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->