47 yrs old and ttc

Trying2hard69

Reaction score
Hello ladies and happy holidays. Im 47 yrs old but look like im in my early 30s and I'm trying to ttc. Just started ttc on an everyday basis December 15. I already have a 26 yr old from a previous marriage and had always wanted another child but "the one" never came until now. I have seen my gynecologist and I'm not premenopausal and i'm still very fertile per my test results. Here is the issue, I was on depo for many years. I had my last shot March 2016 but haven't had a period. I have had a positive ovulation test but my boyfriend wasn't yet living with me so we missed out. Our relationship was long distant up until this month. I started taking vitex December 16th and added maca December 22nd. I also bought evening primrose but only took it once. I started Prenatal vitamins back in July. Ive been taking ovaboost since November. I keep taking ovulation tests but have only had faint lines. Are there any ladies out there in the same kind of situation that can offer advice and/or suggestions.

I'm not sure I have any good advice, but I wanted to say good luck! I've heard that it can take quite a while to get your cycle back after depo and the fact that you haven't had a period means you are probably not ovulating. The vitex might help with that, but it might also just take time to get your hormones back to normal after depo.

Same as wishingandhopg really I don't have an advice but good luck!

I'm currently 24 and untill I was 15 I was an only child. My mom had my first little brother when she was 38 years old and another one aged 41 with no problems. I know she was abit younger than you but I thought I'd chime in with something possitive. Both pregnancy happened the first time she tried aswell!

Thank you both, I know it won't be easy but I'm going to do all I can, thanks again ladies

Yay! Good for you and good luck!

For me, the ovulation predictors only worked with FMU. Start temping and charting to confirm ovulation. Ovulation predictors are a helpful tool but will not confirm ovulation. You can have LH surges at various times in your cycle, even when you aren't getting ready to ovulate so using two methods of fertility prediction is best. Temping and charting can also help indicate issues in your cycle, such as short LP.

keep fingers crossed for positive ttc-ing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->