4d Scan - How many weeks is best...

lauriech

Reaction score
Girls,

I've just booked a 4d scan for 1st December. I will be 30 weeks then.

At how many weeks pregnant would you recommend having a 4d scan for seeing LO at their best as I'm starting to think maybe I should bring it forward? :huh:

Any opinions welcome!

Thanks Girlies xxx

Hi :)
I am going to have one too and the company I am going with said between 24-32 weeks is best to see baby well.

Hth :)

Kara xxx

Hey hun, I think as long as you don't go too early, like before 24 weeks or too late, like the last month you'll have great pics. I had the scan at 28 weeks when pg last time and was fab, I'm having it at 26 weeks this time. They're so amazing, ur going to be overwhelmed, enjoy hun :hugs:

The sonographer at babybond told me 28 weeks was the best so thats when mine is booked for. I have read thought that 26-30 weeks is good :)

Thanks girlies!

I originally wanted to book one for 28 weeks but I'm off work the first week of December so chose to book it then but am thinking I may book mine for a couple of weeks before on a Saturday or something (at 28 weeks).

Anyone else had one to give advice? I've booked mine with Babybond.

I'm getting quite excited about seeing LO - not sure I can wait that long!!!!

the place where i had my scan said she would recomend between 26-28 weeks because sometimes the baby can get to squashed up & its hard to get good piccys xx

when i had my nuchal scan at baby premier the sonographer reccomended as close to 30 weeks as possible

hth xx

I was almost 32 weeks with Charlie, and the sonographer said I was right on the cusp of too big and squished. Got great pics though! :happydance:

im having mine at 26 weeks , I was allso told to try get between 26-28 weeks as after baby can get a bit squished up :) . xx .

My local clinic says between 26 and 32 weeks. I'm going to book for about 27 weeks I think so that the baby still has plenty of room to strike a pose.

Lx

Thanks girls! :hugs:

Do any of you think maybe I should bring it forward by a couple of weeks?

x

LOL It depends how patient you are,I can't wait and I have weeks to go yet.
I am having mine with Babybond too and I was thinking of the 26-28 week mark.
I never had one with my two boys,so excited.
I have seen mums who have gone to BabyBond and they just rave about it :)

LOL It depends how patient you are,I can't wait and I have weeks to go yet.
I am having mine with Babybond too and I was thinking of the 26-28 week mark.
I never had one with my two boys,so excited.
I have seen mums who have gone to BabyBond and they just rave about it :)

Ha ha - very impatient, although pregnancy has taught me to do do patience!!!! :dohh:

I got talking to a friend of a friend who used Babybond for a 4d scan (well, it was her daughter who was pregnant) and she said it was sooo worth the money and was really raving about it...

At the time I thought maybe it was silly to waste the money when there's so much to buy for the bambino but just recently I decided to go for it....you never know, this may be the only baby I ever have (although I hope not)!

I was thinking about bringing it forward to 28 weeks as I didn't want to pay all that money to find bubs is a bit big/squashed and you don't get to see a lot.....

Decisions, decisions....... :blush:

I'm having mine done through Babybond on 13th December - I'll be 27 weeks. My sister is due her little girl in 3 weeks and had a 4D at 27 weeks also, her pics & DVD were amazing!!

I think they recommend between 24-32 ish so I guess 27 weeks is just right!! And like a couple of the girls have said, if you leave it til you're too far on, LO will be squished up and your pics may not be as good.....

Good luck with your decision making hun...

Liz
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"