4d scan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by h702, Apr 22, 2009.

1. h702

h702 Well-Known Member

hi,

my oh and i were thinking of getting a 4d scan, they advertise a private company in our hospital. was just wondering what you guys think? how far along do you think would be best to get it done? im 15 weeks this sunday so wasnt thinking of it until around 20?

thanks!

also, is it worth it for those who have had it? i heard there around £250 ?

2. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

Hiya Hun, I've heard that the later you leave a 4D scan the better it will be as if you leave it til 30 weeks or so then you can really see the LO's face pretty clearly.

I'm sure the girls who have had these will let you know if it is worth the money that they cost. I'd google the local private clinics and call around them to see what prices they charge.

Good luck.

3. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

yep i was told the later the better. Ive booked mine for when im 26 weeks. im paying £130 for my scan.

4. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

We had a sneak preview of 4d at our private gender scan (babybond) at 21 weeks and it was amazing, they don't normally do them until 24 weeks though as the pics are much clearer by then. We have decided we are not going to bother with one now since we have already seen him LOL but I would say judging by others I have seen they are usually well worth the money, I would not hesitate to recommend babybond, they were fab with us!

5. h702

h702 Well-Known Member

thanks!

i guess i will look around nearer the 24 week mark then. we are going to be getting nhs scans at hospital at 20,23,28,32 the every 2 weeks so we will be well pictured out!! ;) roll on 20 weeks!!!! x

6. fruity

fruity Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had a 4d scan at 16 weeks and the pictures were AMAZING! My little one was sucking her thumb, tapping her foot and waving. We could see every little finger and toe, it is well worth the money. It cost £90 here. Go for it!

7. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member