4D scanning before 24 weeks?

C

callmepoppy

I wanted a 4D sexing scan as they are more reliable but it would appear for most places you need to wait til 24 weeks for a 4D scan. anyone had one before this?

Also how reliable are 2D sexing scans?

i had my 4d scan at 22 weeks when i was have my dd in 2007. it was very clear that she was a girl. it was amazing!

good luck x

I had my 4D scan at 20 weeks exactly. They did the sexing with 2D and said girl switched over to 4D and confirmed it. I got great pics with her too, just the longer you wait the fatter baby is really no other difference.

It says on the babybond website though that its only available after 24 weeks... should i call and ask?

dont think i could wait another 8 weeks! lol

Is 4D like 3D???
I had a video and some 3D pics taken at 19weeks (unexpected - they just did it at my halfway scan). Anyway I thought they turned out SOOO good! Avatar is one of the pics!
:D

hi hun ive had 4d scan @ 9+4wks...13+6wks and 17wks and im goign again on sunday @19+2wks and then again @24wks. Ive previusoly hd one @22wks as well.

Now i use in gender which has a sonograpghy on site...

Is 3D or 4D better for assessing Gender?

In my opinion, No. I find that the surface rendering program can include things that make it more boyish/girlish. It can also exlude things. A puffy scrotum can look like a labia. Tricky Tricky. I prefer 2D for gender.

Now ive used 4 different private scanning places over the year well the last 5 and i have to say they all check in 2d... even my pregnancy now where ive already had 3 4d scans they check gender in 2d then switch to 4d to do pictures xx

Hope this helps. x

hi hun ive had 4d scan @ 9+4wks...13+6wks and 17wks and im goign again on sunday @19+2wks and then again @24wks. Ive previusoly hd one @22wks as well.

Now i use in gender which has a sonograpghy on site...

Is 3D or 4D better for assessing Gender?

In my opinion, No. I find that the surface rendering program can include things that make it more boyish/girlish. It can also exlude things. A puffy scrotum can look like a labia. Tricky Tricky. I prefer 2D for gender.

Now ive used 4 different private scanning places over the year well the last 5 and i have to say they all check in 2d... even my pregnancy now where ive already had 3 4d scans they check gender in 2d then switch to 4d to do pictures xx

Hope this helps. x

That is really helpful! thanks! off to book my scan then :happydance: :happydance:

xx

I had a 4D scan as part of my gender ultrasound at 20 weeks. It was fine - we got some great pics! Only thing is we couldn't see the baby's face cause she had it hidden. The baby also looked a bit skinny cause at that stage they haven't started putting on a lot of fat yet.

From what I read, 4D differs from 3D in that it is a moving, video image as compared to a still, three-dimensional shot (3D). The extra dimension (moving video) makes it 4-dimensional as opposed to three-dimensional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"