4d scans.are they worth the money?

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
well i guess title says it all really, are they worth the money the one im looking at is either baby bond or mums and they are both pretty much £200

i am having trouble convincing hubby as it is quite alot of money really so i just wondered is it worth it for what you get to see and also what they give you to come away with?

ive heard baby bond arent very nice there and are quite stuck up. try shopping round i found one in liverpool for 15 mins and 4 photos all for just £60 and for half an hour only £90 i cant wait to have mine will be well worth it! x

I have one booked for the 6th Sept - a4dbaby - £94.50 for 15 minute dvd, 2 photos - they offer free rescan if they cannot get good photo on the day!

We had a gender scan with DS and they showed some of it in 4D and gave us a pic in 4D - and I thought it was well worth it!

I'm going to the same place my friend did (UC Baby) - and it was absolutely worth it for her - pictures turned out beautifully and she said the experience was wonderful (also, they do 'live broadcasting' so we can give them up to 4 email addresses and those people can log in from home and watch.. so our parents and grandparents can experience it with us, we're really excited about it) AND they make 'heartbeat bears' which record our babys heartbeat so we can listen to it whenever we want

Hi,

Personally I find the images quite terrifying to look at so I'd rather not invest in anything like it. It is also a lot of money if £200 is right, what else could you do with that money? I can think of hundreds of things I need more for baby than a 3D scan. But I am quite old fashioned compared to some ladies on here, perhaps it's being slightly older but I prefer to see my baby in the flesh for the first time, not on a freaky looking scan. I'm also on team yellow (again, I'm old fashioned) and would rather not know the gender in 3D.

Good luck with your decision but I thought I'd offer an opinion from the other side of things.

i agree with twists. although im finding out the gender asap!!

Personally I think it would spoil all the fun!!

One of the things I am most looking forward to is the baby being placed in my arms and seeing its little face. I don't want to spoil that moment by knowing what the baby will look like in advance. I also cannot wait for the "its a ........" moment as I'm on Team Yellow.

I find it all a bit weird, like a photoshoot for the baby before its even born!!!

I can totally see why people do it though so don't get me wrong :)

ive heard baby bond arent very nice there and are quite stuck up. try shopping round i found one in liverpool for 15 mins and 4 photos all for just £60 and for half an hour only £90 i cant wait to have mine will be well worth it! x

I had a 4D scan with my second baby done there... Going again in about 6 weeks for a 4D scan for our new baby! They are so nice there, lots of people I know have been there since we had our scan done and have all said it was fab. Can't complain at the price either, feels like a bargain to me compared to other places!

As for the 4D should I shouldn't I debate... I had one done with my first and second babies, mostly to confirm the gender. I never had one done with my third as we never found out the sex, so I didn't see much point.

We found out yesterday at our normal 20 week scan that we're expecting another little girl so I've decided to get a 4D scan done to a) confirm her gender and b) to let our kids see her too as they're all so excited. We took our eldest to our 20 week scan, but I think if he saw the baby in 4D it'd make it more real to him. Our girls are still really young, probably too young to understand, but the fact they'd see the baby on the screen looking baby-like would make them so happy, so to me it's worth getting done.

I can't say I think they're "amazing" as they all look very similar to me :blush: but for the pure sake of confirming gender and letting our other kids see the baby, it's worth it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->