4d scans.are they worth the money?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Raven24, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Raven24

Raven24 mum

well i guess title says it all really, are they worth the money the one im looking at is either baby bond or mums and they are both pretty much £200

i am having trouble convincing hubby as it is quite alot of money really so i just wondered is it worth it for what you get to see and also what they give you to come away with?

2. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

For me, they were amazing! I had a package where I could go twice. I went at 16 weeks pregnancy and 29 weeks and it was amazing to see the difference.

For me, I got over 60 pictures on a cd and the video of the entire scan.

Honestly, it was fabulous.

3. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

They are and they arent

I personally wouldnt as I reckon you can see to much spoils it a bit

4. Beth09

Beth09 Well-Known Member

I'm going for mine on Saturday so can tell you then! I'm really looking forward to it!

5. rubyrose

rubyrose Guest

Well worth it loved mine :)

6. windbloom

windbloom Well-Known Member

Loved having mine done... got amazing pictures and its really worth doing if you are a spoil sport like I am... Im too nosey to wait for the babes to be born to know what he looks like, I just had to know!

It was 170$ for 15 minutes of watching baby, a cd with all the pictures and 2 pictures.

Pricey? Yes.
    Worth it? Yes! How often do you get to look at the little person growing in your belly? :cloud9:

Best of luck!

:hugs:

7. ClaireLouise

ClaireLouise Well-Known Member

Wow Windbloom, your 4D pic on your avatar looks like a real life photo (if you know what i mean) Amazing!

I would love to have one done, i was actually planning on doing it, but as im 29 weeks now, and needing to save up for other bits and bobs, we cant really afford it.

But if i had the spare cash i would have booked one, not the priciest one, but the one where you get just the dvd, if you can.

xxx

8. Snowball

Snowball Resident badass

I really really wanted one but just can't afford it :( Also couldn't really justify it when I get so many extra scans through the hospital so we've spent the extra money (my HIP grant etc) doing up his bedroom :)

9. kimfrye661

kimfrye661 Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it, DH and I had such an amazing time getting to see our little boy! We both cried.:) Definitely recommend getting it done.

10. aries5486

aries5486 Mummy 2 Jenna & Blue Bump

Well worth the money we were like you wasnt to sure but here is mine and then a pic of jenna when she was born... you can really see the similarities!!! Was babybond we went too they were very nice and friendly!

Hope this helps you and hubby decide!!!

xxx

11. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I didn't think they were worth the money when other people were going out and getting them... but when it was our own, it was TOTALLY worth it, and I'm so glad we went.

One of my brothers gave it to us as a gift, but now I know how awesome it was, I would find the money some how.

Here's our little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BkcUOW9E08

12. Mummy~L

Mummy~L Mummy to 2

We had ours done at babybond and in my opinion of you have a bit of spare money it is worth every penny! Hasn't ruined it at all for us just made us more excited to finally meet our LO xx

13. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

I guess if youre a new mommy it is...but I learned that the new sonograms are way better than the ones I got 6 years ago...I was able to see EVERYTHING...even my 6 year old was able to see her...baby is coming out with daddy's nose lol ...so I do not care for them...but if you want one...go for it...why not?

14. lexy604

lexy604 Sleeps through the night!

Ours was 200 dollars which included two printed 4x6 a cd of about 70 images the entire 30 mins recording of the ultrasound which i ripped clips and pictures from for family and such (nerd alert) lol. It was so awesome to see him like that because all my other scans were done early due to bleeding at 8 weeks which was just implantation bleeding. So we had ours at 27 weeks we couldnt afford it but also couldnt miss it.

15. Cracker

Cracker Well-Known Member

Ours was £65 a our locan hospital, was great BUT little girlie was in the wrong position (face right up against my placeta) so impossible to get a good photo of her face. I the end we were in for 45 mins as well, but she just wouldn't behave!!

We really really enjoyed it, but if you want it for a photo to show people then you would be a bit disappointed. I wouldn't pay £200 for one, as have a long list of other bits to spend money on. But I really enjoyed it and we confirmed the sex too!

16. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Most private places, if you've paid for the package and run into positioning problems, they'll have you back another time at no extra charge.

Best to check though.

17. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

i paid 150 for the full package at preview ultrasound in mawsley kettering and it was worth every single penny!!

18. toseland13

toseland13 Well-Known Member

well i found a scan for £75 with dvd and pics.

if u live in ipswich, huntingdon or Norwich then its available. i cant afford scan but def thinking of this one as the others start at £95 just for scan with no pics etc then u gta add them on for extra price