4months to young for walker ??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by momandpeanut, Apr 26, 2009.

1. momandpeanut

momandpeanut Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Im after some advise !

We put Logan in his walker to use as a seat really as he has already learnt how to escape the bumbo but he can walk in it !! :dohh:

Do you think he is to little to be doing this ??

He is not happy unless he is on his feet and he is so active im not sure :dohh:

2. welshcakes79

welshcakes79 TTC + mum to Reebs

id personally say yeah, a little too young..
    if he can escape his bumbo have you tried a highchair?? most now come with a reclining chair that can be used from 4 months+.. pop some toys on is tray that he can chew on lol

x

3. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

As long as baby can upport own head 100% not flop at all and can reach the floor then I wouldn't have thought a problem?! I just cannot think when Caitlin used hers I'm fairly sure around 4 months!

Jumperoo?

4. angie0235

angie0235 Well-Known Member

I think it depends how much support he is getting for his back. I know the bumbo is supportive that's why you can use them early. I'd be a bit wary of using one so young. Have you thought of a rainforest jumperoo?? loads of ladies on here have them. They are like a bouncer and i think they can be used early on. Kathryn has been in hers since 4 and a half months.

5. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

I would of thought it was down to the amount of support on their back, how well they can hold their head up and how much weight/pressure is being put onto their legs.

If he seems fine, and well supported then you should be ok!!

6. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

Sorry is this me being stupid. I was told by my Hv that walkers had been banned??!?!

7. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Never heard that!!

I think Canada they are not sold... never understood why! I think they are great Caitlin adored hers.

8. Soontobe

Soontobe Well-Known Member

Ive started using a walker already

9. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

I think as long as they can support their head and are well supported in the walker I suppose it would be ok. As long as it's only for short amounts of time to begin with x

10. Dani_b

Dani_b Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤

HV dont like walkers as they say they can tell the babys who have used them as they tend to tiptoe for a bit rather than walk on the full foot... chloe had a walker and was walking by 13 months. connor didnt have one and is still not walking he coming upto 15 months

11. babezone

babezone Well-Known Member

have u tryed getting the bumbo play tray. as for the walker yer as long as his hed is fully supported then yer but i mean archie is just on being able to touch thefloor now so jus be careful it dont make him leanto forward....but i really would recomend a jumperoo their great!

think sum1 posted about argos selling them cheaper like 65 or something xx

12. momandpeanut

momandpeanut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies ,

He hates the bumbo and within 15 seconds he is on the floor out of it , i had thought about a jumperoo but we already have a graco station and he just moans in that to ! I think he is just a typical man and moans about everything :rofl:

13. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

aww bless him! i agree as long as his head is 100% stable and he's well supported i think he'll be fine :D x x

14. Louisa K

Louisa K Well-Known Member

I love walkers! Louis went into his by the time he was around 4 months, he was always very sturdy and it gave him (and me) much more freedom.. I know HVs aren't fans of walkers but I've never had any near misses with the walker and found it a life saver at times... Jumperoo is also a must have!!