4th trimester bodies

Eline

Reaction score
I'm still WTT, but I saw these beautiful pictures and thought I'd share them:

https://4thtrimesterbodies.com/

Most of them look like theyve neer given birth before. It doesnt make me feel any better about myself

All I could think was all these ladies have bodies that handled pregnancy and childbirth so much better than mine. I was hoping for stretch marks. I have the worst stretch marks I've ever seen in my life (By a lot) and I know my body grew and nurtured my beautiful son for 9 months, and that it continues to feed and nurture him. I knew I would get stretch marks. But I never imagined it could be like this, and when I see myself in the mirror, I can't even believe that this body is mine. I suppose soon it will be the new normal. I really wish I had seen someone who had a body that even remotely resembled mine.

All I could think was all these ladies have bodies that handled pregnancy and childbirth so much better than mine. I was hoping for stretch marks. I have the worst stretch marks I've ever seen in my life (By a lot) and I know my body grew and nurtured my beautiful son for 9 months, and that it continues to feed and nurture him. I knew I would get stretch marks. But I never imagined it could be like this, and when I see myself in the mirror, I can't even believe that this body is mine. I suppose soon it will be the new normal. I really wish I had seen someone who had a body that even remotely resembled mine.

It's okay, my stretch marks are just as red and angry as they were when I hit my due date, and my baby is 10 months old!

I like the idea of post-baby bodies being shown off, but it would make me feel better if it were people like me who gained 60 lbs and only 15 came off after baby was born.

I have a few stretch marks that are still purple. I didn't get them until about 35 weeks so don't think I would have if I didn't have twins.

My stretch marks didn't make an appearance until AFTER I'd given birth (and i was absolutely gigantic by 40 weeks) how unfair is that. It would be nice to see woman who had saggy marked bellies like mine. I hope that cos I'm only 21 and its only been 8 weeks since I gave birth I can end up looking like some of those woman hahaha

There used to be a thread with women on here posting post birth body pics and they were great at making us feel normal again...not sure where it is now though. I guess we could start another one!

My belly is horrendous. That website just depresses me lol.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat ladies :) I've embraced my tiger stripes :) I'm hoping the extra weight will go eventually

I completely agree...The pictures are also in black and white, which isnt really reveiling... Like they are still ashamed of it

Shall we do that? I really feel like im the only one that is 'ruined', sorry if I put it that way.

I'm with everyone else on this one. My belly looks terrible and those pictures don't make me feel any better. I have so many friends/family who had babies in the past year or two and I feel like the only one whose body didn't go right back to normal. Some of my friends have perfect bodies again as if they never even had a baby. I ended up with ab separation which gives me that awful split appearance down the middle and I hate it.

Okay I'm done feeling sorry for myself now. ha

I would be happy if I looked like any of them!

I'm now 4 months PP and I looked better pregnant. I only put 10lbs on and have no stretch marks, sounds good? I promise it is not. My stomach is just a big flabby floppy mess. I can barely wear any clothes because of the state of my tummy flopping about. I only BF for 6 weeks and my boobs are smaller, saggier and 'looser' than they were.

IMO the link is simply nice pictures of mamas and babies, nothing to do with celebrating the change in a womans body.

*takes a deep breath*

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/Photoon24-09-2013at0019_zpsa4ff6b44.jpg

Well there we go. That's my body in all its "glory". Not a thing like the women on that website.

Because you made me brave:

This is my real 4th trimester body. It's scarred. It will never be the same. But it grew, nurtured and gave life to my beautiful son. If stretch marks are tiger stripes, I'm the fiercest of the cats :p

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/breakthenight/IMG_6614_zps22cb284c.jpg

I totally love the idea of the site but I have to agree I was also hoping for stretch marks and saggy skin.

Once LO is done feeding I'm going to add my 4 tri body. I'm one of the many with stretch marks and saggy skin..including boobs regardless of the fact that I breastfeed. Because I managed to shed the 40 lbs off that I gained I've learned to love my stretch marks but I can't get passed the saggy skin that hangs off my belly :/ next summer I want to wear a bikini hoping to give other mommas with stretch marks some confidence..i know I've always wanted to see momma just be proud and confident of her pp body even when it looks like mine!

there it is 16 weeks pp.

Attachments

• pp bod.jpg
    pp bod.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 24
Here's mine:

Attachments

• IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online