• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

4week old very sleepy today, but not usually!

victoriajane

Reaction score
Hi, this is probably a ridiculous post but my LO is so sleepy today, shes basically been asleep since 8am! This is pretty out of character for her (she'll normally sleep for a couple of hours at a time at the most then wake starving!) so am just a bit concerned.

A couple of hours ago I changed her nappy to try and wake her for a feed, she woke for about ten mins, half heartedly fed a tiny bit then fell asleep feeding! As it's pretty warm today, she's just wearing a shorty all in one so I don't think she's too hot and she is startling and moving around a bit in her sleep Am I just being ridiculous, is this something babies sometimes randomly do?!

Didn't want to read and run but I'm not very sure....Sophie was a preemie so I don't have the experience of a full term baby at that age but I know Sophie used to have some days when she slept more than others. I was going to say maybe it's the heat, but if she's in a shortie thing she should be ok....feel her chest to check she's not too warm, and an all-over sponge down with lukewarm water will cool her down if she is.

Sometimes they sleep more when they are having growth or development spurts but again I don't know if that happens with a full term 4 week old!

Just keep an eye on her and you could always phone NHS direct if you're worried? Try to get her to take her milk if you can so that she doesn't get dehydrated in the heat.

xxxx

my LO will sometimes have random days where he'll just sleep and sleep and its impossible to properly wake him lol, he was especially like that in the first week or so. i dunno if its normal or not, but my LO definately sleeps for long periods in the day quite frequently when hes comfy and warm. even though LO isnt wearing much maybe shes still warm as im in the shade at the back of the house hereand LO is in a vest and is clammy to touch its that hot

My LO used to do this quite often and still does saying that. Im sure shes fine but id keep an eye on her if its out of character!

Thanks all, she started to wake a bit just after I posted this, so I CHanged her again and gave her a bit of a top and tail wash as suggested with luke warm water and that worked a treat! She had the most enormous feed and is still awake now, so she obviously just felt like a monster lie in!

It could be a growth spurt, like a previous poster said. Sometimes babies are just sleepy too. They're growing all of the time and sometimes just need sleepy days. I appreciate them because it means I can do the dishes. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"