5+1 and 5+4 scan pic. Do you gals see a yolk?UPDATE**

saveme

Reaction score
Had a U/S at 5+1 sono tech said he seen a gest sac and yolk. 5+4 doc says he only sees gest sac??? :shrug:
The first U/S it was alot clearer than the machine the doc used and he just did it to see for himself that lil bean was in the uterus. Obviously he never spoke to the tech who did the sono 3 days earlier. Not to mention beta didn't quite double after 48hr period, 16dpo=2293 18dpo=3800, but doc said its close enough and no more blood draws (had the girls pull my blood anyway) just cant get a hold of the girl to get my result. He scheduled next U/S in 2weeks on the 25th:happydance:cant wait. I'm not necessarily scared or nervous I feel blessed, just wanna know does this sound normal???? and get some input from you gals... Never had a normal/healthy pregnancy-(MMC,2EP)
My OB doc has been doing this for so many years its just so routine so thinking of changing OB's cause he literally has no interest. I'm a RN and you can def tell a dr. who just doesn't care anymore just kinda going through the motions until retirement and he's one of them.:dohh:

:shrug::shrug:
First one was with the us tech at 5+1
second pic with the doc at 5+4

Attachments

• 20140712_101115~2~2.jpg
    20140712_101115~2~2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 20140714_205732~2.jpg
    20140714_205732~2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 76
In my opinion I would trust the tech as it is their job and they are the ones who read it and give the info to the doc. I *think* I see a yolk in the doc sono. It's still a early though.

Yeah AMAS86 I trusted the tech too, and I know its early I'm just super excited. Guess I will just wait till the 25th. Thanks for the input. How many weeks were you when you seen the the fetal pole and heartbeat?

I had an u/s at 6+1 only showed the yolk and gest sac. I ended up in the er next day with bad pains and there was a fetal pole with flicker :) So in 24 hrs a fetal pole at 2 mm had popped up!

Wow I know you were so relieved to see that little heart! I can't wait... but I have to.

in same boat.. hcg was 1650 at 5+1 and ges sac no yolk or fetal pole..

so waiting and waiting I guess.. but not really scheduled for another followup US...

I just wanna see my little irish bean.. :)

Yup we wait to see that + hpt then waiting to see our lil bubs.

Hi love, I'm a sonographer. I can't see a yolk sac in either picture BUT they aren't very clear images and you are very early. I'm sure you will see a whole lot more at your next scan. Enjoy your pregnancy! Very exciting xx

Thanks kezzybear, I really hope I get to see my lil bean on the 25th. So far lots of nausea, boobs killing me and so fatigue its kicking my butt. Anyway no complaints just hope its a good sign that lil bubs is progressing nicely.

If it makes you feel better, I had an ultrasound at 6+1 with my daughter. They saw the gestational sac, but no yolk or fetal pole. They told me "most likely a blighted ovum" and I freaked.

Went back at 8+3 and there was a super strong heartbeat and everything was OK. So I was almost a week further than you, and they still saw nothing. It happens. They're looking for something the size of a grain of rice through tissues, organs, and muscle. It can sometimes be hard to see.

Thanks Menelly I know im super early just excited and cant wait to see our baby. FX its soon!

Thanks again kezzybear I'm now reading up on blighted ovums dont know why I do this to myself. Still have no reason to believe something is wrong just psyching myself out. Well praying to God all will go well! And definitely will keep ya updated...

Thanks again kezzybear I'm now reading up on blighted ovums dont know why I do this to myself. Still have no reason to believe something is wrong just psyching myself out. Well praying to God all will go well! And definitely will keep ya updated...

If you want to read, go to www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com and read those instead. Those are a lot of women who were told blighted ovum and it turned out to be wrong. That may make you feel better. :)

Those scans are too early to determine a blighted ovum! You will be fine. Give it time. Step AWAY from google!!!!!

Lol I know google can really be the enemy in some instances! Sometimes google is sooo helpful but in situations like early pregnancies and what can go wrong, google is the worst.

Well I have only 3days left till my scan and that should put me at 7 weeks give or take, according to dating of the dr. My last scan he dated me at 5+4 I thought I was further than that according to lmp which was june 4th.

One more day, Im so excited yet nervous?! I had a dream lastnight that me and DH seen the baby and heartbeat! I know that was my sign from God its all ok... Definitely looking forward for tomorrow, Ive had so many bad experinces with pregnancy I cant imagine the good times that come with pregnancy! But Im calling it tomorrow me and DH will see our baby and the hb. Glory to God, I have faith!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->