5:2 diet effect TTC??

mrscupcake

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience on conceiving on 5:2? I've been doing it for about 8 months (except for 1 week over Xmas) and I've read mixed things about it but just wondered if anyone has any personal experience of it?

Hi cupcake

I followed the 5:2 diet for about 6 months to a year and lose a bit of baby weight on it after having my first child. Around 3-4 months into the diet though I started TTC #2 and also around that time I noticed that my hair had thinned fairly dramatically.
My hair is still very thin compared to what it used to be and i'm shedding a lot of hair too. Oh and still not pregnant despite trying for #2 for around 16 months.

I'm not sure but i'm started to wonder whether the 5:2 diet has somehow messed up my hormone levels or my nutrition levels which is leading to the hair issue and the fertility issue. I'm heading in for fertility tests in the next few months so I might get answers- it might be entirely unconnected of course!
I conceived my first child fairly easily a few years ago.

I've been working hard with my multivitamins and supplements but not sure if it's having any effect yet.

What did you read about it? I don't want to put you off as it could be entirely unconnected to my fertility issues but wanted to tell you my experience.

I can definetly see this effecting fertility . Even thought its only 2 days the fasting could be sending your body into a stress response

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->