5+5 has an early scan today

samp1981

Reaction score
Hi all,

I managed to get an epac appointment today due to left sided groin pain that’s been getting worse since xmas day. They saw what they thought might have been the start of a fetal pole but no heart beat. I know it’s early but with my previous 2 children I had an early scan at 5 weeks + (?) I saw a heart beat. I have to go back in 2 weeks. This will be a long 2 weeks.

She also said I have a 2cm anterior wall fibroid. Just after anyone experience from you lovely ladies

Feeling really deflated

Sam x

I've heard the majority of pregnancies don't have a heartbeat until 6 weeks, and even a day or two can be enough where it won't show up. I believe most people can maybe see something after 6 weeks, but 7 weeks+ is your best bet. Just remember every pregnancy is different and your little one is probably just not there yet :)

I had a few ultrasounds with my last due to nothing showing up on the u/s and being unsure of my dates. They couldn't see anything until 5w2d and even then it was only enough to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy.

With another pregnancy, we had an ultrasound at 5w6d but the tech said it had probably only *just* started beating.

I definitely wouldn't be too concerned yet. The fact that they were able to visualize something is positive!

I didn't see a heartbeat at 6+3 which was scary but had another scan at 8 and all was fine. It's just super early for you xx

I was dated 5w6d at mine and saw a heartbeat but they said the dates could be out but a good 5 days as baby so small

It's still so early.
I couldn't see anything at my ODD's first scan which I think was at about 5 weeks then at my next there was a heartbeat and everything was perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->