5.5 weeks, bleeding and cramping

teaandme

Reaction score
I've been bleeding for the past few days and yesterday started passing clots and cramping. I spoke with the midwife today, she said it sounded like I was having a miscarriage and over the next few days I would likely pass more clots, have more cramping and it would then stop. She said she normally recommends the watch and wait approach along with following HCG since nothing could be done to prevent it. I told her I was worried about the continuing bleeding (going on 4 days) and the cause of it and she said I could get an ultrasound. When the clinic nurse called back to schedule, they said they recommended a full ultrasound due to it being so early.

I got the full ultrasound done and preliminary results. They said there was likely a gestational sac and yolk sac as well as likely a subchorionic hemorrhage. I saw that at the end of the report, the radiologist noted that I presented AMA for an ultrasound. I work in healthcare so I know this means "against medical advice" and I was steamed to read that because I thought it was offered to me as an option. If they wouldn't have offered it, I wouldn't have done it.

I was glad to have the ultrasound but now I am embarrassed and wish I wouldn't have had it. Over the past month and a half, I have had to take several days off for an illness and then more time off for an unexpected death in the family. I guess I just wanted to know what to expect and whether I was going to be able to go to work tomorrow since I have already missed so much work.

I feel really sad right now. Anyone had a similar experience.

Embarrassed? You had bleeding in pregnancy and your midwife told you to do an ultrasound. Must have been a misunderstanding, that's all I can think of. You also discovered something you didn't know before so there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->