5+6 weeks spotting is it miscarriage?

Sunshine14

Reaction score
Hi All,
I got 3+ weeks on a digital on Monday at 5+1 but have had Brown spotting on & off since Thursday. Not due an early scan until next week and wondering if this is just an early miscarriage ..... I should probably just expect it to get worse right?

Hi there, I know how worried you must be...it could be completely normal...the only thing you can do is breathe and pray, if it gets bright red I would get to the doc. I wish you all the best.

Thanks drsamy I think the worst thing is the wait not knowing! Good luck with your little bean I hope it remains sticky xx

I spotted between 5-6 weeks and had an early scan and baby was fine. Got everything crossed for you too :hugs:

Thank you Bevzii that is reassuring to hear! I am still having twinges in my ovary as though stuff is growing but still spotting now and then I just think at my age (43) there is not much hope - time will tell but thank u for ur kind words xx

Hi All,
I got 3+ weeks on a digital on Monday at 5+1 but have had Brown spotting on & off since Thursday. Not due an early scan until next week and wondering if this is just an early miscarriage ..... I should probably just expect it to get worse right?

I had this Hun at 5+3- lasted probably two days. Then the same the week after.
I had a reassurance scan at 7+4 and it was ok

Brown spotting is older blood- it's probably just your body clearing it out :)

Ive had this happen too - once it ended in miscarriage and this time in now nearly 19 weeks. Ive had lots of bleeding during this pregnabcy but so far all is well fingers crossed. I do disagree with the brown blood being good and red being bad theory though x

Thanks ladies for your reassurance xxx It's so hard cos I'm braced for an mc to start but there's no sign of it coming. My boobs were really sore until Thursday when spotting started and now they are just a bit sore. Also my head seems a bit less hormonal and pregnancy foggy so I was convinced it was another loss is it possible the hormones just balanced out a bit?

How far along are you now CW? I have a scan booked for 7+2 (6 weeks today) if I get that far x

Blu the pg that ended in mc did the spotting just get progressively worse & then mc? My mcs so far have always been either early chemicals or mmc so I'm at a loss how to deal with this weird spotting! Have had no cramping at all so maybe there is some hope .......

Thanks ladies ur all so sweet helping me through this xx

I spotted during my first pregnancy around 5/6 weeks too.. It was brown and there was no cramping either .. Everything went on perfectly :) it stopped after a couple days but anyime I did anything too strenuous I would spot a bit !
With my second son I actually had a very heavy red bleed around 20 weeks pregnant .. Went to the ER and they found nothing wrong ! It stopped after a day and everything went on fine .
I also had a miscarriage in June.. I had pink spotting at night just before 5 weeks and then in the morning it was bright red/clots with off and on cramping and hospital confirmed I miscarried.
Try not to worry too much but keep an eye on it .. Wear a panty liner so you can keep track of how heavy it is and colour etc. I would go to the hospital if it turns red.
It sounds like it's normal pregnancy spotting to me .. I know how paranoid you must be though ! Try to take it easy <3

I am in my third pregnancy. In all 3 I've had both spotting or some bleeding. It has always been fine. A cervical erosion

Thanks ladies for your reassurance xxx It's so hard cos I'm braced for an mc to start but there's no sign of it coming. My boobs were really sore until Thursday when spotting started and now they are just a bit sore. Also my head seems a bit less hormonal and pregnancy foggy so I was convinced it was another loss is it possible the hormones just balanced out a bit?

How far along are you now CW? I have a scan booked for 7+2 (6 weeks today) if I get that far x

Blu the pg that ended in mc did the spotting just get progressively worse & then mc? My mcs so far have always been either early chemicals or mmc so I'm at a loss how to deal with this weird spotting! Have had no cramping at all so maybe there is some hope .......

Thanks ladies ur all so sweet helping me through this xx

My first miscarriage just started like a period when I was about 6 weeks and the 2nd time was a mmc. I just had a bad feeling at about 10 weeks so booked a scan and baby had died at 8. I spotted brown on and off for 2 weeks after the scan followed by a small red gush and eventually had a D&C. This time I had brown bleeding at 5 weeks then a huge red heammorhage at 9 weeks followed by a further 8 weeks of brown/tan spotting! Hence why I say brown blood isnt always good and red isnt always bad. Id always get any bleeding checked out.
No cramping is a positive sign &#128077; good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"