5 days late but negative test result

Sct133

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I just registered with the forum and am hoping for some advice and feedback. I am 29 years old and my husband and I have been TTC for about 7 months with our first. My cycle is on average about 31 days. I was due for my period 5 days ago and have been taking pregnancy tests but they are coming up negative. I took 3 since my missed period, last test being yesterday morning. I read that I should wait a couple more days to test again. I'm a little anxious, has this happened to anyone else? I have never missed a period in my life! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sometimes it takes awhile for a positive test? What tests are you using? Maybe you should try a more sensitive one?

I've never missed a period in my life, but I was late by 5 days once while I was on the pill...which I thought was VERY odd since I was always spot on. Stressing about being late probably didn't help either.

Are you experiencing any pregnancy symptoms? I also suggest trying a different brand of HPT.

I have used both First Response And EPT tests. Over the last week my symptoms are pretty much like pms symptoms.... Soar swollen breasts, on and off cramping, back and muscle pain, emotional. I have tested in the morning too as I do drink a lot of fluids throughout the day which could dilute my urine.
I will be okay if I'm not pregnant but that would be cruel Mother Nature joke! Being late for my period for the first time as I am try to get pregnant ;(

You could have ovulated late. I'd think you would have a positive by now:( Sending hugs.

I have been tracking my ovulation and all seems good. At this point I'm trying not to give my hopes up and just expecting to get my period. I'm going to wait a couple days before testing again. Just feeling bummed ;(

It's strange how ttc can mess up women's cycles who are normally pretty consistent. When dh and I really started ttc years ago my cycles got all out of whack. I was sure I was ovulating because all the signs were there...cm, cramping and what not. There were 3 months I was sure I was pregnant and spent lots of money on test and the witch showed up late:growlmad: I started charting my bbt so I'd know for sure when I was ovulating and what dpo I was. It can't hurt to start charting while ttc if for no other reason you will know for sure what dpo you are. Some women chart until O and then resume again after af because it's stressful for them. Hope you get your bfp.

Good luck!

Where u temping or just opk? Without temping to confirm ovulation, even a positive opk can't pinpoint it. So it is possible you've ovulated late-- so still a chance of a bfp. Give it another few days and if still no af test again. My friend was a week late before she got her bfp-- she figures she either ovulated or implanted late xxx

Oh and keep us updated? I like knowing how people get on lol xxx

Thanks ladies! I have been using ovulation testing sticks for tracking and so far they appear accurate but again I am still new to all this. I appreciate the feedback and support! Will keep everyone posted! Wish me luck����

Hello!! Were you bd'ing around the times you think you ovulated? Stress can really throw things out of whack, mama. I'd love to tell you to just wait a little while and retest but I'm in the same boat and test every day. WAAAAAY before AF is due. :D Wishing you the best and fingers crossed! :dust: Baby dust!

Yes BDing def ;) I have read lots about stress and effects on your cycle. I thought I was getting my period last week cause I had all the symptoms. Was a little upset but okay with it, then it just never came! I'm feeling anxious now for sure but I just need to know oyyy. I am going to test again in the AM will keep you posted! And good luck to you as well!

15-18dpo here with symptoms including nausea on and off starting yeaterday, bbs shooting pain on sides starting around midnight, and some cramping since last week on and off. I am basing O on clear watery/sticky CM the 22-25. Tried (2) .88 Wal-Mart tests, one this morning bfn. Thought I saw a faint line as the color passed but stark white mins after. So am I out? Do I need to invest in a better test or wait longer?? When I got bfp with my son 7 yrs ago idk how late I was and it was with clear blue digital first try.... Any suggestions would be great at this point!

15-18dpo here with symptoms including nausea on and off starting yeaterday, bbs shooting pain on sides starting around midnight, and some cramping since last week on and off. I am basing O on clear watery/sticky CM the 22-25. Tried (2) .88 Wal-Mart tests, one this morning bfn. Thought I saw a faint line as the color passed but stark white mins after. So am I out? Do I need to invest in a better test or wait longer?? When I got bfp with my son 7 yrs ago idk how late I was and it was with clear blue digital first try.... Any suggestions would be great at this point!

I'm going down doctors now so il let u kno what they say... I had simular symptoms and now I hav brown discharge which I never get till after af but not had af and I'm 15 days late

Also a lot of gas for over a week and seems like at is headed here any min and nothing yet...

Now 6 days late for my AF. I took another test this morning and got a BFN :(
I still have some cramping and gas pains. I also noticed a little pink on my toilet paper. Not sure if this could be my AF or spotting...what is everyone's experience with the differences? Usually when I get my AF is does not start off with pinkish discharge, so I'm hoping it could be spotting from implementation but I know I should give my hopes up.

What I have read states implantation happens up to 6-12 after ovulation. But I have read a lot of things... GL. Keep me posted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->