5 Days late...Negative test

jrob

Reaction score
Ok, so as the title suggests, I am 5 days late for AF and took 2 tests so far. I got those EPT digital tests and the first one read with an error message, so I waited another day. This time, I got a "Not Pregnant" response. It's been a little over two years since my early miscarriage, and a little over a year since my ectopic pregnancy where I lost my left tube. So, this was kind of exciting for me, as I thought I may not even be able to easily conceive again. Is it possible I could still be pregnant? I am usually pretty regular, and have a 32 day cycle. Every once in a while, it will be 34 days. But I'm on day 38 now, and have never been this late unless it was a pregnancy. I am cramping a little bit, but no where near the intensity of a period, and its intermittent. It has been coming and going for the past 3 days. I also had, just once last night, a sharp pain in my cervix/vagina area. That has never happened before and I found it really strange. It went away after about a minute and hasn't come back since. It's hard to tell with other symptoms if they are PMS or pregnancy related. My breasts are swollen and tender, I'm hungry and have cravings (but that happens with my PMS too), I'm super emotional.... I also have been peeing like CRAZY which is actually what made me think I could be in the first place. Even friends of mine started commenting to me to take a test because of how much I've been going to the bathroom. I know it may just be wishful thinking, but I really hope I am still pregnant and it just didn't pick up on it or something. How much longer do you think I should wait to take another one? Is it even possible with the negative test result? What's the latest you got a positive result?

I just want to add, that the test I took was in the evening. I figured it wouldn't make a difference that it wasn't first morning urine after 5 days. Could this be part of it? Or would it show up regardless at that point?

It sounds like perhaps you O'd late and the verdict is still out. Do you have a 14 day luteal phase or do you chart by chance? If you have a 14 day luteal phase and are 5 days late then more than likely a test would have been conclusive by now unless of course you O'd later than you think which is usually the culprit. I used opks but they weren't entirely accurate on their own and charting always tipped me off to a wacky cycle after my losses otherwise I'd have gone bonkers testing early and whatnot. I would try again with fmu and a non digital pink dye test in a coue of days (digital test were never as sensitive for me). Good luck and hope you get your bfp!

I don't actually know my luteal phase. I usually just go by the default 14 days. One thing I'm worried about is that I am high risk for another ectopic now that I've had one. I'm worried that it's coming out negative because the hormone levels are too low because it's another one. I've never been this late before even when I ovulate late. The latest it's ever come is on cycle day 36. This is all just so strange to me and after 4 losses including an ectopic I am very worried. If it's not here by tomorrow I'm calling my doctor to make an appointment.

The good news is that if your hcg levels are so low a test cannot pick them up chances are you aren't pregnant with even an ectopic. That sounds wrong in a way because a normal pregnancy is of course what you want but if your hcg is so low it's not registering on a test I wouldn't worry to much about an ectopic either as a growing ectopic would have cause a positive test by now more than likely.

I had 4 early losses before my ectopic and understand the fear it creates in being pregnant again. I would highly recommend charting moving forward and/or at least opks so you can take some of the unknown and stressful elements out of ttc. Good luck at your doctor's appt :thumbup:

I'm kind of wanting to take that third test but am also not wanting to waste it. The last test I took was at 3 days late and then I posted on here at 5 when AF still hadn't shown up and then wrote the wrong info. I wss really tired lol. So again it was day 5 I was posting but day 3 that I tested. This is driving me so crazy I'm not getting my facts straight. Ugh! My cramps are gone now. Turns out I was just constipated. Sorry if that's tmi. But now I feel perfectly normal again. Just no period. Hopefully the doctor will have some answers for me.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. It was the same for me but 3 early losses and then an ectopic. It isn't easy and I definitely empathize with you. But congrats on the one on the way! That must be so exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->