5 DPO and no symptoms yet

jjul86

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So I am 5 DPO and with no symptoms at all, not even my normal PMS symptoms. Last month I had loads of symptoms (insane bloating, elevated temps, breast tenderness, exhaustion as early as 2 DPO) and I was so sure I was pregnant! But AF came and here I am now, no symptoms at all save I have been pretty tired, but it's the time of year for that sort of thing. :sleep:

Feeling like I may be out this month on account of that but did any of you get your BFP with virtually no symptoms during 2WW?

Hiya. 5 dpo is way too early for any symptoms. I started feeling things about 8dpo last time but that could have just been the rise in progesterone. My symtoms properly started after my BFP. Don't loose hope yet. It's far too early X

Hi jjul86, I'm currently 4dpo and desperate to feel something! Although maybe not having any early symptoms is a blessing as in my other tww's I have obsessed over symptoms to only be extremely disappointed when af finally arrived... what a long and lonely wait this can be!
Fx no news is good news for both of us!

Thanks ladies! I find it so easy to obsess over every little thing, but I am trying to take a step back. I don't want to POAS this cycle until after I have missed my period, last month I had days of BFN's leading up to a late AF and it was especially disappointing (I think I started to imagine very faint lines on the negative tests after a while). So, 6 DPO and each day feels like an eternity but I will try to keep myself busy with other things. Good luck to you both & Happy Holidays!

I on the other hand have caved and finally bought some cheap test strips over the internet... they'll be here friday... OOPS... probably a very bad idea I know but I usually wait until AF arrives or test only when she is late but I'm getting to the point now where I can't just wait and see... I NEED to know!!
I'm off to bed super early, it's not 9pm yet here but I can't seem to keep my eyes open this evening... won't bother thinking its a symptom though, since starting to chart I've noticed that it Always happens between 4 and 8 dpo... I get sleepy and ever such bad heartburn and headaches.. but then they clear up... then again, if I still have these symptoms on 8dpo then I think I will not resist starting obsessive testing!
Let me know if you start to feel any symptoms coming on...
and good luck!

Oh, I forgot... I'm generally a big eater but not a massive sweet tooth. The occasional choc-craving when AF is here but otherwise not much. I have eaten a disgusting amount of chocolate and sweets today without seeming to manage to shift the crave...
Too soon though for any sort of cravings I am absolutely certain... so maybe it was just greed! :blush::blush::blush:

Right, that's enough, I'm off to flop into my bed!

Hahaha! Contrary to you, I have a massive sweet tooth but my fertility doctor put me on a low glycemic diet (it's basically paleo) so I have had the pleasure of detoxing sugar while overthinking this pregnancy business and stalking the forums for other womens' BFPs (and around Christmas, ugh, how amazing!). Last night I felt the faintest cramping that lasted just 10 seconds or so very low in my left pelvis, other than that not a symptom to note or complain about. No variations in temp, no tenderness, moodiness, even my fatigue has improved significantly over the past 2 days. I tell myself things like - I AM NOT GOING TO TEST UNTIL AF IS DUE - then my inner voice says well surely you could test positive at 10 DPO. Many women test positive at...9 DPO. Before I know it I am googling things like "BFN 7 DPO" lol! Really trying to put it aside and focus on anything else. Can you tell how well that's working?

Keep me posted!

well after a brilliant night's sleep (didn't sleep too well the previous 3 nights) I am now 5dpo....

Lately I have noticed a load of posts about people having vivid dreams in their TWW's before getting their BFP's so on the train to work this morning I found one part of my brain trying to convince another part of my brain that I had indeed had a vivid dream last night but that I just couldn't remember it because I was in such a deep sleep!:sleep: :haha:

Another nasty brain trick... we have a house cat, my OH and I and last night in bed I was convinced I could smell cat pee. I decided that I would have to change the cat litter this evening after work even though he couldn't smell anything (but he probably said that so I didn't make him get up and do it straight away!)... Anyway, this morning when I got into the office I was convinced I could smell cat pee again. No cats anywhere near the office of course! Soooo, either my nose is broken or my mind is yet again playing tricks on me...

I was also desparate to be disgusted by the smell of my cappuccino this morning on my way to the office... My mum was off coffee when she was expecting both my brother and I. Just my luck, it was so yummy I had two!! :coffee::haha:

So there you have it, on the morning of 5dpo no actually symptoms, just the very active immagination of an impatient woman! :wacko:

I hope I go back to being normal as soon as I do get my BFP! :dohh:

You feeling any symptoms yet JJul? Immaginary or otherwise? :winkwink:

Well through the better part of yesterday I felt twinges and pinching sensations throughout my left lower pelvis. I try not to think about them too much but I am so painfully aware of my body during the TWW. Historically it leads to a lot of false hope. 7 DPO now, inching along over here, gosh it really couldn't go any slower. My positive take on this is that typically the Holidays fly by for me but TWW has a magical way of making seconds into hours and hours into days. I feel fully engrossed in the Holidays as a result, not stressed for time, so much so that I decided to start a new book last night so I would stop stalking TTC forums. I think I will stick to reading as a distraction because I really don't want to POAS any earlier than 11-12 DPO so not until early next week. I just hope I resist temptation over the weekend. My excuse is that I actually have a lot to do (I have a relatively successful Etsy shop in addition to a full time job) and it's the busiest season for me; I just don't want disappointment to derail the momentum I have in other aspects of my life. So! I am trying to keep away and hopefully, God permitting, my AF keeps away too.

As for other symptoms, none! Just the twinges on and off yesterday throughout the day and evening. I have good energy, stable temps, no tenderness, no crazy dreams or super-woman senses. Trying not to drive myself crazy. ;-)

Baby dust!!!!

Please know that most symptoms before implantation are caused by progesterone...BEFORE i got my BFP...i felt just like any other month that i got BFN..sometimes i get symptoms and sometimes I disnt..I STOPPED trying to symptom spot a long time ago.

Please know that most symptoms before implantation are caused by progesterone...BEFORE i got my BFP...i felt just like any other month that i got BFN..sometimes i get symptoms and sometimes I disnt..I STOPPED trying to symptom spot a long time ago.

I agree with you. I thought with my last BFP I got symtoms at 8dpo but then I didn't have an IB until 10dpo so what I felt before that was purely the progesterone.
I don't look Into anything anymore as our bodies are so good at playing tricks on us. I had months where I swore I was PG. now I swear half of the symtoms I was making up :wacko:

6dpo for me and absolutely nothing! Not even my usual pmt or sore boobs I get every month, my lp has been v short since my 12 week loss in may so I'm on b6 to help that but I'm finding it odd I usually spot a bit by now pre AF and have pmt, my cycles have only been 26 days recently x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->