5 failed iui's

French Toast

Reaction score
I am trying to come to terms with my fifth failed IUI. I haven't posted to this site since March and need some buddies to cry with!

I'm a single straight girl using donor sperm. I have no known fertility issues and have been thoroughly checked out by an RE. I have switched RE's this summer.

I've done 5 cycles:
1. 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger
2. Femara (lowest dose, I think 5mg?) and Ovidrel
3. 50mg Clomid, 75iu Menopur for 5 days (BFP...miscarriage at 6 weeks...heartbroken)

Took the summer off.

4. New RE. Natural cycle, OPK. BFN. I had never used OPKs before and I think I jumped the gun.
5. Soy isoflavones cd 3-7, no trigger. OPK. Had the iui the same day as the smiley face and I think again I jumped the gun.

I am very frustrated. I am trying again and going back to Clomid (100 mg this time) and Ovidrel.

If not for std's, at this point I swear I'd just go out on a random date with a halfway decent guy and jump him on the 2nd date. I have baby fever THAT BAD.

I'm almost 37 and don't want to get married or date right now...I'm all about career + baby and then maybe look for Mr. Right.

I just feel like a mess. My doc mentioned IVF. What is wrong with me? I've had a sono, HSG, removed uterine polyps, another sono after the miscarriage, all hormones are normal and ovarian reserve is fine.

I'm switching dudes this next time which breaks my heart...I was just smitten with my donor. I like the other guy I picked but it's the same for me as just suddenly switching boyfriends. I KNOW that sounds crazy.

I was so sure I hit it this time and the shock of another negative FRER is devastating. WHAT??? WHY NOT???

Any hope or thoughts?

I am trying to come to terms with my fifth failed IUI. I haven't posted to this site since March and need some buddies to cry with!

I'm a single straight girl using donor sperm. I have no known fertility issues and have been thoroughly checked out by an RE. I have switched RE's this summer.

I've done 5 cycles:
1. 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger
2. Femara (lowest dose, I think 5mg?) and Ovidrel
3. 50mg Clomid, 75iu Menopur for 5 days (BFP...miscarriage at 6 weeks...heartbroken)

Took the summer off.

4. New RE. Natural cycle, OPK. BFN. I had never used OPKs before and I think I jumped the gun.
5. Soy isoflavones cd 3-7, no trigger. OPK. Had the iui the same day as the smiley face and I think again I jumped the gun.

I am very frustrated. I am trying again and going back to Clomid (100 mg this time) and Ovidrel.

If not for std's, at this point I swear I'd just go out on a random date with a halfway decent guy and jump him on the 2nd date. I have baby fever THAT BAD.

I'm almost 37 and don't want to get married or date right now...I'm all about career + baby and then maybe look for Mr. Right.

I just feel like a mess. My doc mentioned IVF. What is wrong with me? I've had a sono, HSG, removed uterine polyps, another sono after the miscarriage, all hormones are normal and ovarian reserve is fine.

I'm switching dudes this next time which breaks my heart...I was just smitten with my donor. I like the other guy I picked but it's the same for me as just suddenly switching boyfriends. I KNOW that sounds crazy.

I was so sure I hit it this time and the shock of another negative FRER is devastating. WHAT??? WHY NOT???

Any hope or thoughts?

Hi French Toast!

Im so sorry you haven't had any success. Afraid i cant offer any kind of advice as i haven't had any IUIs but didn't want to read and run and if i can only be someone to vent to and a shoulder to cry on ill happily do that:hugs:

I just wanna say 1stly that i think its amazing that your doing it in this order you must be so strong!! It must be so difficult going through this without any spousal support, but i found this forum / site to be absolutely amazing!

As for 'Whats wrong with me?' it seems nothing according to your test results - sometimes seems mother nature is a cruel B I T C H!! well speaking from personal experience i find it to be true (hope i dont offend you, thats not my intent).

I understand what you mean about the donor. Its so personal you're bound to get attached to one donor and disappointed when you have to move to a different one that you like - though perhaps not as much.

Have you got a next step now or a new plan? x x

I totally understand where you come from, we have somewhat similar stories.

I have been TTC for about 2 years. I have had 3 IUIs and 2 were successful, but like you I lost mine around 6 weeks. I lost a singleton and twins.

I have been tested for EVERYTHING!!! It has come to the point where the doctor is saying that there is nothing else that he can suggest.

You made a commend about wishing there was a guy to jump, well I got one and it hasn't been successful. DH has been tested for everything and he is fine too. I am so confused because I can not get pregnant naturally. I can get pregnant through IUI but I can not carry past 6 weeks. It drives me crazy!

We have taken the past couple months to eat totally healthy and juicing to incorporate a large amount of nutrients. We are hoping for the best from here.

I wish you all the luck, I really hope changing the man helps you.

You've had one bfp out of 5 tries at IUIs? I'd say there's hope. I've only done 2 IUIs and both didn't work for me (1 natural and 1 medicated). Hang in there. Might be good to have a plan in place. Or maybe even try home insemination?

Don't give up :)
I have had 5 IUIs total, my first IUI I got a BFP but sadly miscarried, and my last IUI gave me my current BFP.
If you could conceive once through IUI it's possible again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->