• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

5 is my lucky number

HopeLoveWins

Reaction score
Just had a first consultation at a new clinic and they recommended batching embryos and PGS. We have a daughter from a FET from our first cycle of ICSI aged 35, and four failed fresh ICSI cycles in the last year and a half since, each of which only produced one embryo. Anyone had any experience of success after four failed cycles? Anyone had success with batching embryos even when only producing one/small numbers of embryos per cycle? I'm now 39 too, just to add to the equation...Anyone had successful IVF at almost/over 40?

I am hopeful we will get there and thankful, whatever happens, for our one miracle xx

Hi HopeLoveWins

Good luck on cycle number 5! I hope you get a BFP. I am curious what are batch embryos?

They are going to stimulate and egg retrieval, make embryos then freeze them at D3 and then stimulate again and freeze again, over 2 or 3 cycles until they have a little batch of embryos that they are going to do PGD on and put the best embryo in. Thats how I understood it anyway.

I was feeling pretty hopeful after the consultation but have just sat down and read all my notes, and tried to summarise them one sheet of paper, and now I realise again that the odds aren't good. Still, I have got to be hopeful, thats all I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"