5 month old reaction to oat cereal. Anyone else experience this?

Berry143

Reaction score
Hi moms,

I've tried oat cereal twice now with my little one and both times she had a rash. She is fine with rice cereal and other foods this far. Anyone else with this experience. Please share your experience. Thanks so much.

I'd just wait and try again later. Like the PP said, you aren't supposed to offer oats or wheat before 6 months as the gut is still immature and they're more likely to have a reaction. Most of these sorts of reactions are just because they aren't ready for something. Wait another month or two and try again and see if it still happens. My daughter had a severe reaction to pumpkin seeds (in the form of a butter) when she was about 7/8 months (like projectile vomiting everywhere, swollen eyes, red rashy face, she looked terrible!). The GP's advice was to wait until she was over a year to try again. When we did, she was fine. She just needed to outgrow it. If you keep having a reaction even after waiting for a couple months, I'd see your GP. A reaction to oats, while relatively rare, can be a sign of a wheat/gluten intolerance and something to watch out for. I'd say more than lilkely she just is too young to be trying anything too adventurous. Stick to the rice porridge and fruit/veg until after 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->