5 month old

Hi rainbowgirl, I have no idea what to do :dohh: I have been going through it for quite a while now. Isla takes a couple of sucks and then breaks off the teat screams and then sucks again. Sometime she point blank refuses to have any milk at all :growlmad:

I have had the doctor check her over a couple of times, he can't find anything wrong, no thrush, sore throat e.c.t. Isla did have a ear infection a while ago but nothing now :thumbup:

I have been through the really worried stage, now i'm on the laid back stage, if she has it she has it if she doesn't i try not to worry. The health visitor said if she was hungary she would eat :dohh: Isla can go 6 hours without a feed. When she wakes in the morning she wont have any milk for around an hour and then she will only take 4/5oz on a good day and thats after screaming the house down because i have dared to put the bottle near her mouth. It could of been 13 hrs or so since her last feed.

If you are really worried keep a feed diary and pop along to your next baby clinic and show your health visitor. I am happy to let you know what my health visitor advises on tuesday if you like ?

Hi Sparkle05
I dont really come on bnb anymore (I was on here all the time with my 1st pregnancy /daughter, now I just dont seem to have the time!)
BUT Im at my witts end and dont know where to turn so came on here to see if anyone was going through the same as us.... I read your post above and burst out crying... we are going through exactly the same thing. I could've written that post myself!
x

Awh hun don't worry, I'm sure it will pass soon. I know its frustrating but as long as they are well in themselves and are thriving I wouldn't worry too much. I'm gonna see my hv tomorrow so if she gives me any tips I'll post on here. Keep up the good work I'm sure LO will be fine.:hugs:

I would also check out silent reflux too girls buy a book called Colic Solved by Dr Bryan Vartabaudim its amazing and you'll feel relief lift of your shoulders when you finally realise whats wrong xx

SO, I saw hv yesterday and told her about Lo poor milk intake and lackof interest at the moment. She said it could possibly be teething or that he is simply getting fed up with milk and may want to start weaning! He's only 4.5 months and i didn't want to wean him til 6months. She said keep trying with all his feeds as usual andjust see how it goes. Weight gain remains good so no worries there. I guess if it continues much longer I may consider starting to wean at 5 months. Yesterday he did ok had six five oz feeds. Hope things are improving with your LO's

Babies need 20oz a day so long as they're getting that or around that dont worry too much. We started weaning at 17 weeks and her silent reflux has completely gone now x

I will be weaning Isobelle at 17weeks as a)she big baby b)showing signs she is ready c)isnt very interested in milk anymore...

oh and also my hv advised me too..

xx

Madison has 5 bottle at around 3-4 oz. every 3-4 hours.

The pediatrician recommended waking her during the night for a feed. I tried and Madison just screamed about being woke up.

20 oz is a good day for her

Average is around 16-18

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"