5 positives and a scan=confused

BethyNiamh

Reaction score
Hey ladies im hoping someone could help.
I found out last week that i am pregnant.
4 positive home tests.
1 positive doctors test.
Had some spotting so was sent for a scan.
Had the scan today and all they could see is a thickened womb lining but no baby.:cry:
I will only be 3-5 weeks pregnant.
Is this normal or should i prepare for the worst?
Thank you so much xx

You could still be very very early and their machine just didn't pick it up.
When is your next appointment?

i had bloods taken today to check hormone levels and have to go for bloods again on weds to see if they have risen xx

It's difficult when you don't know exactly how far you are, so it very well could be that you're just catching it very early and this they wouldn't see anything for a few more weeks. Hopefully the blood test results will give ou some comfort! :)

I agree with the above poster. It could just be quite early yet.

My first ultrasound was 4w4d and the ultrasound tech was pissed! She said that she didn't understand why doctors send new moms so quickly because there's often nothing to look at. And there wasn't. My lining was thickened (which means either your pregnant or ready to have your period) and there wasn't even a sac.

I was sad. But at 8 weeks, I saw a blob with a heartbeat!

Please don't worry! Those early ultrasounds are the WORST!

I agree with the above, that is still super early, I wouldn't worry just yet. Best of luck and try to stay positive x

I had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks exactly. We ended up being able to see something but the tech had said right when I walked in that there was a big chance we wouldn't. I think you are just super early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->